Hello from Vancouver, Wa!

Abntroop

D9EC0E4C-8B0B-4310-8EF3-A0555CBF20C4.jpg

DCF1826B-00DC-4E53-B73B-BBB249F190C0.jpg

image_3.jpeg

grnjeep

Welcome from a fellow Washingtonian!

Great to have you here.

Hi all, just joined, my wife Laurie and I live up in Vancouver, Wa. Currently we have an 18’ WK2 Trailhawk, and a 16’ JK Rubi Hard Rock. Spend a lot of time out poking our noses off the beaten path and have for years. Across OR, WA, and ID with short dips into N Cal and NEV. looking forward to perusing the forums and getting to know what looks to be a great community!

Abntroop

Well first day of decent sunshine with a dry forecast for the weekend! Only a high of 62, but yanked the top and doors off the Jeep. By the look of things the previous owner had never removed any of this. Either way, first time for me with this JK!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Abntroop

I can understand why a lot of folks don’t care for these fenders, it’s certainly a different look. I wasn’t keen on the flat fender look. I like the way these keep things relatively OEM. And being a short chubby guy I wasn’t keen on a big lift. Figured these would fit the bill for a low center of gravity build. Next is to start saving for a regear, big brake, and 37’s.

Trimming the fender liners would’ve been easier if all my tools weren’t sitting in a POD in Reno though [emoji23] had to hunt around and found the wife’s pruning shears. Took some time and patience but they got the job done. I’m impressed with the sturdiness of these fenders and they were not difficult to swap out. Took about 3hrs from start to finish. Only one more week then off to Carson City we come! Looking forward to the move.

Last edited:

Abntroop

Well day three in Reno at our rented apt and just got back from putting an offer in on a house in Dayton. Got a killer shop! Fingers crossed it goes through!

Abntroop

Well day three in Reno at our rented apt and just got back from putting an offer in on a house in Dayton. Got a killer shop! Fingers crossed it goes through!

Well, it’s been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. We put that offer in on the property out in Dayton with the big shops. Owner verbally accepted the offer then renigged the following day before signing as he had another buyer who’s financing had fallen through before our offer, but the guy wanted another shot and they had enough of a rapport evidently that the seller wanted to give him another shot. So we got sidelined this last week waiting to see if the dude could get his money together which he did. Bummer. Found out beginning of this week. So back on the hunt. Found a place Tuesday with a shop in Carson proper right up the road from prison hill. put in an offer and it got accepted and signed today. Now to get the money and inspections side squared away but otherwise hopefully we’ll be moving in at the end of the month. Been years since Laurie and I have done the apartment life and can’t get back out of it soon enough. I figure we either have a centaur or a Clydesdale living upstairs, a topic which has been debated heavily the last few days [emoji23] plus I’d like to get my tools back. Haven’t jacked the rig back up to check the wheel spacer torques since before leaving Wa, my paranoia is kicking in. Keep waiting to stop at a light and watch a wheel keep going. Will be glad when it’s new wheel and bigger tire time.

Last edited:

Abntroop

Good news, should be closing on our new home either Friday or Monday fingers crossed. Going to be a lot of work for sure, but will be nice to get out of these apartments, 4 weeks was enough 🥴 and will be good to have a home again.

Typed on my iPhone with my jimmy dean sausage fingers.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Good news, should be closing on our new home either Friday or Monday fingers crossed. Going to be a lot of work for sure, but will be nice to get out of these apartments, 4 weeks was enough 🥴 and will be good to have a home again.

Typed on my iPhone with my jimmy dean sausage fingers.

Get a shop?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Abntroop

I did, yeah. Single bay, only 10ft ceilings though unfortunately. Tackling opening that ceiling up for a lift will be later down the line. Good sized workshop though. It’ll do and will be an upgrade from using the back 3rd of our last 3 car garage so I can’t bitch [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom