Orion

TrailHunter

Hooked
The stock rear lower arms have been bugging me since I put the stage 2 enforcer lift on... Simple upgrade to stage 3:

Stock arms look like a #2 pencil next to EVO’s..

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

Much Better.

IMG_1898.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Blew the large 40amp Maxi fuses on the ARB twin last week... been racking my brain trying to figure out why... checked all the connections and everything is fine... through in new fuses and its working fine. I thought the motor stalled when the fuses blew... But now I think I forgot to start the engine while running the compressor and the battery drained... causing resistance and strain on the fuses...

Also removed the RH skid... it’s hitting the crossover enough to cause a rattle... I’ll beat on it tomorrow.

IMG_1998.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Blew the large 40amp Maxi fuses on the ARB twin last week... been racking my brain trying to figure out why... checked all the connections and everything is fine... through in new fuses and its working fine. I thought the motor stalled when the fuses blew... But now I think I forgot to start the engine while running the compressor and the battery drained... causing resistance and strain on the fuses...

Any chance the positive feed wire rubbed on something metal somewhere?

TrailHunter

Hooked
Any chance the positive feed wire rubbed on something metal somewhere?

ARB does a pretty good job of protecting those wires... I saw no pinches, or rips in the protective covering. If it happens again, I’ll be removing the whole harness and the wire covers.

rubiDave

Sounds like an over-current condition if you were running the compressor with the engine off. As the battery voltage dropped the motors need to draw more amps.
ARB does a pretty good job of protecting those wires... I saw no pinches, or rips in the protective covering. If it happens again, I’ll be removing the whole harness and the wire covers.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Sounds like an over-current condition if you were running the compressor with the engine off. As the battery voltage dropped the motors need to draw more amps.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exactly... And thinking back, the Jeep struggled to start. I must of shut the engine off and between the other three jeeps running, compressors going... I got sidetracked with the noise.

TrailHunter

Hooked
3rd try on the stabilizer... The Fox 2.0 was still pulling enough to annoy me.. This Rancho 5000 shock is perfect.. Swapped in the 1/2” bushings from the fox...and it bolted right up. I should have listened to others here regarding pressurized shocks. Lesson learned. I’ll be painting it black.

IMG_2268.jpg

Took the kids up Angeles Crest to play in the Snow.

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

Had to stop at Carneys for a Spicy New York Dog.

IMG_2295.jpg

BaddestCross

3rd try on the stabilizer... The Fox 2.0 was still pulling enough to annoy me.. This Rancho 5000 shock is perfect.. Swapped in the 1/2” bushings from the fox...and it bolted right up. I should have listened to others here regarding pressurized shocks. Lesson learned. I’ll be painting it black.

View attachment 339442

Lol. That's twice you didn't take my advice. I guess you like spending money and doing things twice... Or 3 times. [emoji23]

Glad the Rancho is working out for you. Just make sure you mount it parallel as possible or it will blow out and you'll be doing it a 4th time.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom