Evo price increase

JKbrick

Bingo. If everyone goes along its an easy way to shore up pricing. I'm not against said increase, just think its ironic since the tariffs were called off

I had already adjusted for it since estimating jobs comes so far ahead of buying and installing materials. You have to cover your ass early

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pezhead1

Most commodities are going up

I traded spruce lumber up until about 3 years ago. I found out yesterday where lumber prices are today. More than double where they were in 2014. With steel being a similar commodity, it stands to reason its going up too. Usually no one wants to be the first to announce a price increase but once one does, most all follow suit. At least that's what I witnessed in the building materials industry. Even if the threat of tariffs on imported steel pushed those companies to raise prices, the domestic companies usually won't pass on the opportunity to raise prices also.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I traded spruce lumber up until about 3 years ago. I found out yesterday where lumber prices are today. More than double where they were in 2014. With steel being a similar commodity, it stands to reason its going up too. Usually no one wants to be the first to announce a price increase but once one does, most all follow suit. At least that's what I witnessed in the building materials industry. Even if the threat of tariffs on imported steel pushed those companies to raise prices, the domestic companies usually won't pass on the opportunity to raise prices also.

That’s not good! I’m putting a new deck on my house in a month.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
We are still seeing upwards of 20% material cost increases at work, and we have been for a few weeks now. :crazyeyes:
Since the tariff was first announced the mill suppliers compensated. We order exclusively Timken, which for those of you who don't know, is a US steel.

If crap QC steel can be had for MORE than US steel, that would be bad for US bean counters... hence US prices rising along side.

Thank goodness it's just "monopoly money" and my personal daily expenses didn't increase by 20% (yet) :cheesy:

BobNH

Fuel prices have increased dramatically. This will drive up the cost of pretty much everything, because it all has to be delivered.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Fuel prices have increased dramatically. This will drive up the cost of pretty much everything, because it all has to be delivered.

This is due to the economic bubble. Fact is, no refineries around here are even batting an eye at gasoline/diesel these days... major movements are currently towards polymers... In fact, I was talking with my father-in-law (oil and gas guy) just last weekend and his business suspects there are only a FEW gasoline refinery projects active across the nation right now, IF that! (In regards to building new or retrofitting petro refineries that produce gasoline and the byproduct)

production has always been based on past growth. and for some reason, our consumption has tapered off from that projection. which make since why things have been pretty slow for Houston O&G for the past few years. Supply is in surplus of demand. :twocents: or at least the ability to supply is in surplus of the consumption demand.

The increase in cost of products is directly related to the proposed increased cost of Steel; which is why we have seen a price increase on STEEL products, and not other products that all still need to be shipped.

Last edited:

rockwell

You are absolutely right. Years ago when fuel went up to $4/gallon shippers like Fedex added a ‘fuel surcharge’ to their fees, when fuel went back down to $2/gallon they sure as hell didn’t remove the surcharge.

Well, assuming that everyone's favorite "made in America" companies haven't been using Teraflex steel this whole time, you're probably right on here. If this is the case, US steel companies will ramp up production and prices will correct themselves.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I figured at least the 'made in the usa' companies prices wouldn't be affected. hahaha....damn.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Coming back to this. Noticed every product has increased includes the tail lights as well. Planning on buying the king rear shocks. And they jumped up too 1100 [emoji19]

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Coming back to this. Noticed every product has increased includes the tail lights as well. Planning on buying the king rear shocks. And they jumped up too 1100 [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QUOT[/

Start working some overtime [emoji51]

Trust me I have been. Twelve on, two off, two on, couple off then back eight on. I just have to come up with money for the jk and jl now. [emoji848]

Ddays

Hooked
It's not just the metal prices and tariffs....anyone's healthcare gone DOWN lately? Gas prices are rising again and freight companies are adding surcharges now. Those pesky employees that make all the shit we buy kinda like raises, etc, etc. As much as we'd love them to prices can't stay the same forever

Top Bottom