Random Willys of the day

USMC Wrangler

While making a road trip from St. Louis back to AZ recently we stopped at a truck stop in NM. Inside was a very nice “museum” with a bunch of very cool old iron. One of which was this gem...

IMG_6349.jpg

Some other non-jeep stuff...

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

sourdough

55 Willys Super Delivery

wilbur sale photo.jpg
restomod

Attachments

• wilbur and trailer.jpg
    wilbur and trailer.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 94
  • willys super delivery.jpg
    willys super delivery.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

sourdough

Sometimes still wish I had it, I sold it in 2012. Bought it in '89 restored it to 100% stock and show quality. Drove it for 6 years until the T90 and mdl.18 issue. The old Willys running gear weren't known for longevity. It then sat for 10yrs. until I got a bug to restomod it around '04. I pulled the Willys body and modified a "79 Cherokee chassis and running gear to accept the Willys body. It took me a couple yers to get it back on the road. When I sold it in 2012 it was a sorted out DD as pictured. 360 AMC V8, T18 4spd., Dana 20 T.C., D44 axles, P.S., P.D.B's, A/C and a comfortable driver. I still have a lot of photo's and memories.

sourdough

willys factory snow cat

Willys factory snow cat 1.jpg
in the late 50’s Willys didn’t make many and what few they did sold to the government. I saw this in Spokane, Wa. at a collector car dealer. Was surprised to see it had a steering wheel.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Not a Willy’s, but I figured this was a good place to share it. Found this jewel of a Grand Wagoneer, on a Kroger run. The interior looked original, and near perfect.
IMG_3617.jpg
IMG_3618.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom