Dream come true

Zeus

OK guys the time is close and we are very excited!

Seeing we coming for South Africa and never been there I have a couple of questions if you guys don't mind helping.

Is there a store in Georgetown where I can buy a Rubicon Trail badge/sticker for my Jeep and Jeep hats?

What must we watch out for in the camps? Rattle snakes, bears etc?

Is there toilets/portapotties in the camps, we camping in Buck Island and Rubicon Springs.

Any advise you can give will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Check out the Jeep Badge of Honor app. It took a long time to get my badge to Canada.... not sure if it would work to get it to your home.... perhaps a member here could forward it to you. I can assist but won’t be at my Arizona address until December which will add to your wait time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zeus

Check out the Jeep Badge of Honor app. It took a long time to get my badge to Canada.... not sure if it would work to get it to your home.... perhaps a member here could forward it to you. I can assist but won’t be at my Arizona address until December which will add to your wait time

Thank you, I looked into that but living in SA that won't really work but thanks for the offer. I was more looking to get a sticker or or random Rubicon trail badge. Not sure if there is a shop selling Jeep memorabilia but seeing Georgetown is the popular starting point I am sure there must be something there.

BaddestCross

Thank you, I looked into that but living in SA that won't really work but thanks for the offer. I was more looking to get a sticker or or random Rubicon trail badge. Not sure if there is a shop selling Jeep memorabilia but seeing Georgetown is the popular starting point I am sure there must be something there.
The headquarters for Jeep Jamboree is in town and they should have something. Hell, probably every store in town has something. [emoji23]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

fiend

Caught the Bug
There are toilets in the camps. Last year we had bears visit us in Rubicon Springs. Pretty common, I think. Didn’t see any bears at Buck Island, nor any rattlesnakes anywhere.

Zeus

What a trip!! The Rubicon was all that I hoped for and more. The JLU was also awesome, wish I could afford one here in SA.

Some pics of our trail.
IMG_0387.jpg IMG_0684.jpg IMG_0610.jpg IMG_0575.jpg IMG_0573.jpg IMG_0549.jpg IMG_0525.jpg IMG_0492.jpg IMG_0461.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 138

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s awesome you came all this way. Congrats on a dream come true. The pictures are amazing

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TwitchingDog

That is so cool!! The pictures are awesome. That’s a great way to experience Rubicon if you can’t get your Rig there (or don’t have one).. Kudos for making it happen and traveling so far.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

schnauzer

I just noticed the Method 701’s on that JL, any idea what pressure they set them up with? Looks like 37 inch Wild Peaks on it, And I’m assuming the beads held : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeus

I just noticed the Method 701’s on that JL, any idea what pressure they set them up with? Looks like 37 inch Wild Peaks on it, And I’m assuming the beads held : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes was 37's and the went down to 15psi

Zeus

Thanks for all the comments guys, It is really sad to be back as the US was great and would not mind living there.

Top Bottom