JL compared to JK

Eroc147

So will the JL not have a JEEP emblem at all?? No room on the grill. Saw on some of the renderings where it was on the hood, but it isn’t on any official pics or spy pics since SEMA.

Edit: just looked at pics again, it’s on the side. Don’t know how I feel about that.

TrailHunter

Hooked
The only thing that kinda bugs me on the JL, is the 80’s looking turn signal lamp.... it’s an easy fix though... or am I just crazy?

IMG_5564.JPG
IMG_5563.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
The only thing that kinda bugs me on the JL, is the 80’s looking turn signal lamp.... it’s an easy fix though... or am I just crazy?

That's bugged me too. I wonder if you could replace the amber lens with a clear lens to match the front, then relocate the blinker signal elsewhere. Many people have overcome that on the JK after trimming it off of the fender.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m sure there will be a number of aftermarket fenders that will have different lighting configurations. It won’t be quite as easy as shaving the fenders like on the JK.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
That's bugged me too. I wonder if you could replace the amber lens with a clear lens to match the front, then relocate the blinker signal elsewhere. Many people have overcome that on the JK after trimming it off of the fender.

They look like they'd be easy to lose with a fender chop. Maybe some of the Chaka aftermarket grills will incorporate turn signal holes in them :brows:

chaka.jpg

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
So will the JL not have a JEEP emblem at all?? No room on the grill. Saw on some of the renderings where it was on the hood, but it isn’t on any official pics or spy pics since SEMA.

Edit: just looked at pics again, it’s on the side. Don’t know how I feel about that.

I am disappointed as well, but I do have to point out that the TJ did not have the front emblem either. Seeing as TJ’s are my favorite Jeep (although my jku is much more practical) I can live with no emblem on the front of the JL

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepLife71

JL looks weak

I'm not sure if these are being poorly made to increase the aftermarket revenue or the engineering dept just screwed up. But these look lousy. I have an '08 2 Dr JK with a boatload of aftermarket stuff like every other Jeeper. But I'll be looking for a 2006 TJ Rubicon soon. In my opinion, the best Jeep there ever was. I won't be wasting my money on this fake JL wannabe Jeep.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm not sure if these are being poorly made to increase the aftermarket revenue or the engineering dept just screwed up. But these look lousy. I have an '08 2 Dr JK with a boatload of aftermarket stuff like every other Jeeper. But I'll be looking for a 2006 TJ Rubicon soon. In my opinion, the best Jeep there ever was. I won't be wasting my money on this fake JL wannabe Jeep.

Don't hold back. No sugar-coating it now...

AdrockTT

View attachment 283079
View attachment 283080

I def agree - the fender signals/side markers are not a good look. I am not much a fan of the grille changes either. Honestly, I think I only like the interior so far...and not sure I'd want that setup if I had a major off-road build planned either.

I am looking forward to seeing the additional top offerings.

kflohrit

I feel like a lot of these comments are similar to the ones I read when the JK came out.... "this too shall pass" :)

Breer

Caught the Bug
I 100% agree with the fender signal look being off. I think some lens paint like VHT night shades might help it also, making it blend in to the black part of the fender.

I feel like my opinion is reversed on the front end and interior as a whole. I really like the exterior, especially from the front. Its a great looking design IMO. The interior looks a little too "techy?" for me... Like a landrover with buttons everywhere. I really like the 2011+ JK interior, seems just clean and simple. But I think I can get used to it, it's got some great things about it also.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom