Search Feature

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It’s funny that people get offended by me stating that the search function doesn’t work. I believe “utterly useless” is an accurate description and didn’t want the OP to waste a bunch time using it like I did.
I enjoy the collection of Jeep info within this site and appreciate the app. However, having to go to google to find info defeats the purpose of using this app. And no I’m not a developer but I’m sure someone could come up with one pretty easily. Even though this is a free app, it’s still subject to criticism if it doesn’t work as it should.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Here are screenshots of a search I just did. What do you know. This thread was the top result?

IMG_1647.jpg
IMG_1648.jpg

Please be advised, that updates to the app are no longer being allowed by Apple. See this thread for explanation.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/49262-NEW-WAYALIFE-Web-App-NOW-AVAILABLE

I was kidding around with you, with the link I posted earlier. Too bad it put your panties in a twist.

This is a privately owned forum, not run buy a mega-corporation. I don’t find a Google search too hard to do, for the wealth of information that is here. I left other forums, because sifting through the mountain of bad information to find the good, was too hard.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
It’s funny that people get offended by me stating that the search function doesn’t work. I believe “utterly useless” is an accurate description and didn’t want the OP to waste a bunch time using it like I did.
I enjoy the collection of Jeep info within this site and appreciate the app. However, having to go to google to find info defeats the purpose of using this app. And no I’m not a developer but I’m sure someone could come up with one pretty easily. Even though this is a free app, it’s still subject to criticism if it doesn’t work as it should.

I don't see anyone offended. Eddie and Cindy have worked their asses off to get the site as user-friendly as possible. Knowing them, if there was an easy solution, they would have likely taken that route by now. As already stated, follow the tips given in this thread.

If-the-brain-were-an-app.jpg

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Let’s say I know there’s a great thread about death wobble on here. I go to search type in ‘death wobble’ and that’s what I get.
IMG_6508.jpg
Like wtf is that, fuck this app am out I can’t find shit.
But wait, what does that little button in the corner do?
IMG_6509.jpg
No shit, there is options to modify my search to help me find shit easier, am so dumb, omg, duh.
IMG_6510.jpg
Oh look, that’s exactly what I am looking for, I love this app [emoji41]
IMG_6511.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Let’s say I know there’s a great thread about death wobble on here. I go to search type in ‘death wobble’ and that’s what I get.
View attachment 300542
View attachment 300543
No shit, there is options to modify my search to help me find shit easier, am so dumb, omg, duh.
View attachment 300544
View attachment 300545

What you say??? 🤯🤯🤯

IMG_6941.JPG

sipafz

Caught the Bug

Sounds like maybe you’re the offended one?

IMG_6942.JPG

A.J.

View attachment 300542
View attachment 300543
View attachment 300544
View attachment 300545

Thank you for that!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

I wondered what all the whining was about. I have been using the search function since I joined, and while that is not a long time, I found it to work just fine.
You just have to know to filter the results, like most any other search.

Of course it works best when the thread title is a good description of the question, problem, or advice given or asked. Eddie's posts should be an inspiration to all, as they always spell out the pertinent information so that it is easy to find.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug

Nice Matt, ya just keep teaching me new things lol. Well done!

Top Bottom