Antirock Vs. Swayloc Vs. Genright

WJCO

Meme King
I just find it ironic that a couple years ago boat style sliders, RCV axle shafts and skid plates that mount to the motor mounts were highly frowned upon around here. What were the latest upgrades to the WAYALIFE JL? The above mentioned mentioned 3 things

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jet li got a prorock, and rcvs were the only shafts that Dynatrac had at the time. Thats a fact and Eddie even said it wouldn't have been his choice if it could be avoided.
As far as boat style sliders and skid plates that mount to the motor mounts, I've never heard a complaint about those and plenty of members here run them. Regardless, who gives a shit what people choose to run?

Seems like the only time a product here gets negative feedback is when it's backed up with shitty performance or the company is shitty.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Trust me, I’m no expert and never have claimed to be. You guys have been wheeling for much longer than myself...

LOL - and yet, here you are shooting your mouth off about things you know nothing about.

I just find it ironic that a couple years ago boat style sliders, RCV axle shafts and skid plates that mount to the motor mounts were highly frowned upon around here. What were the latest upgrades to the WAYALIFE JL? The above mentioned mentioned 3 things

:cheesy:

Apparently, you've either never watched any of our videos or are incapable of listening carefully to the things I've been saying. If you had, you'd know that I STILL HAVE MY DOUBTS regarding "boat side sliders". This is the reason why we ran LoD FRAME MOUNTED SILDERS for as long as we had. We simply decided to TEST the Bomber Rocker guards that we have now but ONLY with the knowledge that we could swap in FRAMED MOUNTED SLIDERS once they became available.

Regarding RCV's, I STILL THINK THEY AREN'T WORTH THE $400 PREMIUM and STILL HATE HOW THEY SNAP AND POP LOUDLY after hard use and that RCV will NOT warranty them when they do. We ONLY decided to run them because THERE WERE NO OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE for a ProRock 44JL. If there were, I GUARANTEE YOU that we would be running them instead.

As far as skid plates go, I HATE the new ProTek skids and think it's LAME that they are designed like all the other crap out there. I am INFINITELY DISAPPOINTED IN EVO for not making skids similar to how they were designed for the JK. UNFORTUNATELY, NOBODY offers what I would prefer to be running. Hell, I really don't even give a hoot about protecting my oil pan and only run this skid to protect my transmission cooler lines.

But hey, no need to listen to anything I might have to say. Clearly, you're the guy with all the answers. :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
Trust me, I’m no expert and never have claimed to be. You guys have been wheeling for much longer than myself, I just find it ironic that a couple years ago boat style sliders, RCV axle shafts and skid plates that mount to the motor mounts were highly frowned upon around here. What were the latest upgrades to the WAYALIFE JL? The above mentioned mentioned 3 things

Not that Eddie needs me to speak for him, numbnuts, but it's only because those particular parts are the only ones available at this point. No weld on sliders from EVO yet, RCV's are the only shafts available from Dynatrac, and EVO makes the best option for the skid plate at this point. Anything else?

EDIT: LOL, Shoulda known I'd get beaten to the punch

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As far as boat style sliders and skid plates that mount to the motor mounts, I've never heard a complaint about those and plenty of members here run them.

Clearly, I'm every bit as dishonest as dytrdr5 is painting me to be and nothing I say should be trusted but there's a legitimate concern regarding boat side sliders. Sure, they look great but I have personally seen where they've CAUSED body damage from hard enough hits. I'm HOPING that won't be the case on our JL but I won't lie, I have my doubts. I am still eagerly waiting for frame mounted sliders from EVO as they are what I prefer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not that Eddie needs me to speak for him, numbnuts, but it's only because those particular parts are the only ones available at this point. No weld on sliders from EVO yet, RCV's are the only shafts available from Dynatrac, and EVO makes the best option for the skid plate at this point. Anything else?

EDIT: LOL, Shoulda known I'd get beaten to the punch

:dont_tell: Guys like this are incapable of understanding that you've actually PAID ATTENTION and LISTENED to things I've been saying and will assume that I've somehow put you up to saying all this.

WJCO

Meme King
but there's a legitimate concern regarding boat side sliders. Sure, they look great but I have personally seen where they've CAUSED body damage from hard enough hits. I'm HOPING that won't be the case on our JL but I won't lie, I have my doubts. I am still eagerly waiting for frame mounted sliders from EVO as they are what I prefer.

Hell yes. I was assuming that he was talking about the cosmetic design. But as far as how any slider is mounted, I'd take a frame mount any day for the reason you just stated.

Ddays

Hooked
:dont_tell: Guys like this are incapable of understanding that you've actually PAID ATTENTION and LISTENED to things I've been saying and will assume that I've somehow put you up to saying all this.

Nah, never that. We're all here just sucking down that Wayalife Koolaide and agreeing with everything you say like the good little followers that we are :yup:
I love it when people ask for opinions then get all pissy when you don't validate the opinion they favor :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hell yes. I was assuming that he was talking about the cosmetic design. But as far as how any slider is mounted, I'd take a frame mount any day for the reason you just stated.

Oh yeah, cosmetically, body mounted sliders still look way better to me and will give you more ground clearance at the rockers. On a TJ, they were the way to go. On a JK and now a JL, I have my doubts.

Nah, never that. We're all here just sucking down that Wayalife Koolaide and agreeing with everything you say like the good little followers that we are :yup:
I love it when people ask for opinions then get all pissy when you don't validate the opinion they favor :rolleyes2:

:cheesy: Exactly! AS IF some of us would have any reason to make any of this up. Fanboys - ya gotta love their passion to defend the things they chose to buy. :crazyeyes:

dytrdr5

You guys sure get pretty defensive as soon as someone doesn’t agree with your opinions on parts, but don’t worry I’ll see my way out of this forum. Bye

WJCO

Meme King
You guys sure get pretty defensive as soon as someone doesn’t agree with your opinions on parts, but don’t worry I’ll see my way out of this forum. Bye

I have yet to see the disagreement. No worries.

:standing wave:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You guys sure get pretty defensive as soon as someone doesn’t agree with your opinions on parts but don’t worry I’ll see my way out of this forum. Bye

Says the guy who got all defensive as soon as someone didn't agree with his opinion on parts and is now leaving. :cheesy:

Jheapr

Wow!!! How classy. I picked a product that you don’t like because you don’t get it for free and get shamed. I had a great experience with the antirock I had on my TJ. Limiting my travel a hair beats the hell out of rolling my Jeep down a mountain, but thank you Eddie / Cindy for your professional opinion.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Wow!!! How classy. I picked a product that you don’t like because you don’t get it for free and get shamed. I had a great experience with the antirock I had on my TJ. Limiting my travel a hair beats the hell out of rolling my Jeep down a mountain, but thank you Eddie / Cindy for your professional opinion.

Real original douche bag.

Top Bottom