What was done to your rig this week?

ttfhell

Wrapped my rear half doors. After getting quotes in the $1000 range to paint 4 rugged ridge plastic half doors I took a buddies suggestion to try wrapping them. I found on eBay some silver metallic samples and found one that looked spot on. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454265734.422521.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454265768.586416.jpg
As I haven't wrapped anything before, I like to live dangerously, I bought a 3 x 5 swatch for $35, a $15.00 heat gun, and a felt squeegee and nice kit for $6.00. I then went to the Avery website for directions for their Sw900 vinyl I am using and watched some videos.
I removed the hinges and loosened the door latches as I couldn't figure out how to remove them. I started on the bottom and worked my way across. This wrap is very forgiving, you can lift and reapply if needed. Heat edges when done to take the stress. I then trimmed the inside edge so you can't see where it ends from the inside.
First door took about 4 hours as I was nervous. Second took about an hour. Ordered two more swatches for the fronts for another weekend. Think it came out pretty good, no air bubbles, and all the round edges came out flat. Should end up costing me about $130 all said and done for four doors. I might end up painting the hinges to match like the factory does. I can't stress how easy it was after I gained some confidence and recommend doing this. There is a likelihood I'm going to scratch one of the doors and I figure $17.50 for a rear or $35 for a front and an hour time is cheaper than painting.
It's raining now but when I get a chance I'll throw one on the jeep and take a pic. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454266830.438047.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454266861.556496.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454266890.334682.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454266927.443553.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454268892.289530.jpg

Last edited:

Trail JK

Wrapped my rear half doors. After getting quotes in the $1000 range to paint 4 rugged ridge plastic half doors I took a buddies suggestion to try wrapping them. I found on eBay some silver metallic samples and found one that looked spot on. View attachment 185306 View attachment 185308
As I haven't wrapped anything before, I like to live dangerously, I bought a 3 x 5 swatch for $35, a $15.00 heat gun, and a felt squeegee and nice kit for $6.00. I then went to the Avery website for directions for their Sw900 vinyl I am using and watched some videos.
I removed the hinges and loosened the door latches as I couldn't figure out how to remove them. I started on the bottom and worked my way across. This wrap is very forgiving, you can lift and reapply if needed. Heat edges when done to take the stress. I then trimmed the inside edge so you can't see where it ends from the inside.
First door took about 4 hours as I was nervous. Second took about an hour. Ordered two more swatches for the fronts for another weekend. Think it came out pretty good, no air bubbles, and all the round edges came out flat. Should end up costing me about $130 all said and done for four doors. I might end up painting the hinges to match like the factory does. I can't stress how easy it was after I gained some confidence and recommend doing this. There is a likelihood I'm going to scratch one of the doors and I figure $17.50 for a rear or $35 for a front and an hour time is cheaper than painting.
It's raining now but when I get a chance I'll throw one on the jeep and take a pic. View attachment 185312 View attachment 185314 View attachment 185315 View attachment 185316

Impressive! Nice job!

Mr. Rubi1

Put the evo 1.5 HD level kit on my Rubi1, love the ride but a little worried...doesn't look level and yes I put the spacers in the rear. Any thoughts? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454268155.814558.jpg

RockyJk

Wrapped my rear half doors. After getting quotes in the $1000 range to paint 4 rugged ridge plastic half doors I took a buddies suggestion to try wrapping them. I found on eBay some silver metallic samples and found one that looked spot on. View attachment 185306 View attachment 185308
It's raining now but when I get a chance I'll throw one on the jeep and take a pic. View attachment 185312 View attachment 185314 View attachment 185315 View attachment 185316

Damn that came out good!!

LasVegasJK

Put the evo 1.5 HD level kit on my Rubi1, love the ride but a little worried...doesn't look level and yes I put the spacers in the rear. Any thoughts? View attachment 185324

Measure from the ground to the Rubi rails on each end. As long as your concrete is decently flat, that will answer your question.

Edit- disregard as I see that you've already measured.

Last edited:

LasVegasJK

It's raining now but when I get a chance I'll throw one on the jeep and take a pic. View attachment 185312 View attachment 185314 View attachment 185315 View attachment 185316 View attachment 185325

Looks great! You should post this in the "Show off your half doors" thread.

COCCU

Just start my build, or my proyect, it's like we say here......

Out with the 3.8....... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454269635.553408.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454269655.968748.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454269764.337264.jpg

Last edited:

Siebermd

Installed a Rubicon Express 2" kit on my Daughters XJ. It fought me every step of the way. It is a native Alaska Jeep, and apparently they use HEAVY amounts of salt on the roads up there, because the rust just never ends on this poor little fella.

IMG_1996.jpg

Mr. Rubi1

Actually when I did measure the rails it was good, guess I'll leave it and see what happens... The ride and handeling is much better than stock!

Sean97

Harbor Freight had their 500lb receiver cargo rack on sale for $46 and a 2" receiver for $13. I cut and welded together and saved 250+. I will add some gussets later.

Attachments

• 1454276370529.jpg
    1454276370529.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

robx251

Caught the Bug
Finally installed my ECTED locker in the front of my jeep, was shipped the wrong one first shipment received one for a gm 9.5"

Top Bottom