A new eruption just started here in Hawaii

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
How is your dads house? Is it in the clear?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So far so good. They’ve been having hundreds of smaller quakes (2-5) range but they’re very shallow. All of them are shallow enough to rock the house quite a bit and break a few water pipes. He’s had a few dustings of ash but that’s about it. The real concerns are the earthquakes. Today there is virtually no steam or ash coming out of the crater which is concerning. The conduit could have been plugged, which would cause it to build a lot of pressure and explode but nobody knows. The conduit now is so deep and large, usgs has no idea where the magma column went.

Edit: Here is an update video of a fountain and river in Leilani Estates. Recorded today by a family friend and pilot.

https://youtu.be/KG7aUd5ClGM

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
So far so good. They’ve been having hundreds of smaller quakes (2-5) range but they’re very shallow. All of them are shallow enough to rock the house quite a bit and break a few water pipes. He’s had a few dustings of ash but that’s about it. The real concerns are the earthquakes. Today there is virtually no steam or ash coming out of the crater which is concerning. The conduit could have been plugged, which would cause it to build a lot of pressure and explode but nobody knows. The conduit now is so deep and large, usgs has no idea where the magma column went.

Edit: Here is an update video of a fountain and river in Leilani Estates. Recorded today by a family friend and pilot.

https://youtu.be/KG7aUd5ClGM

That is crazy! I’m glad to hear that his house is still standing [emoji106] but sad that the earthquakes are impacting the house so much. I’ll be praying for you all

Tanktitan

PGV provides only 2% of the electricity on the Big Island...they sell what they generate to to the local utility Hawaii Electric Light Co...

Puna Geothermal actually provided almost 29% of the electric power for Big Island in 2017. My company provided the equipment to remove the pentane there and we are heavily involved with biofuels for HECO in Hawaii. BI led the state with over 40% of its energy from non petroleum, actually quite a significant accomplishment it the goal of energy independence. This is a large setback for this goal, as it is for the lives of all affected.

IMG_4514.jpg

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Also saw green lake is gone as well FB_IMG_1528116632274.jpeg saw a few vids today of the bay being overtaken by the flow slightly more than 1/2 mile wide an spreading .. shame to lose such a beautiful area .. but nature is rebuilding things ......

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
The tilt meter at the summit is taking a nose dive again. I don’t think Brute is wrong about a summit eruption.... or at least a major implosion (which would be a major earthquake and potential tsunami). Why did I move back here again? Lol.

IMG_6204.jpg

Top Bottom