Evo plush ride coils bowing - a lot

MericaMade

Well WAL 2 - Shop 0 . Went back and measured and LCAs are about 20.5” eye to eye . They didn’t have time today and I need to find a new shop . That’s now 3 separate shops in LA that have had goofs on something straight forward .

May look into doing this myself after I get back from Memorial Day trip . For now I’m assuming driving as is won’t hurt ? Lot of weight in the back so was thinking of going to dual rate springs as well.

Damn what a hassle . Thanks for the advice .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Your not far from ORE/EVO. Take it to them.

jesse3638

Hooked
Well WAL 2 - Shop 0 . Went back and measured and LCAs are about 20.5” eye to eye . They didn’t have time today and I need to find a new shop . That’s now 3 separate shops in LA that have had goofs on something straight forward .

May look into doing this myself after I get back from Memorial Day trip . For now I’m assuming driving as is won’t hurt ? Lot of weight in the back so was thinking of going to dual rate springs as well.

Make sure to check the upper length too. If you simply shorten the lowers and the uppers are too long your pinion could end up point up way too much. If you're running an after market DS the pinion needs to be pointed at the T-case.

fiend

Caught the Bug

Try adjusting the rear lowers to 20” and then, if you have an aftermarket drive shaft, adjust the uppers as necessary to get the pinion pointing straight at the transfer case. I would also try the wedges while you’re at it.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I'd put the factory arms back on until you figure things out. Seems like you're struggling a bit

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

No such luck don’t have them anymore . A trip to ORE for a tube up is probably in the cards . Was going to get lengths for 3” enforcer lift for all rear control arms and go from there but right now going to just drive it for my trip

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
This was posted in the Enforcer thread for length reference.

Quote Originally Posted by gpmech7 View Post
I just bought this same kit with the drag link flip kit....

Links to install info were'nt working.

Called EVO and was told the following:

Front Upper: 18 3/4
Front Lower: 22 7/8
Rear Upper: 17 1/2
Rear Lower: 19 3/4

Super helpful . Will go off of this

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
This was one of the reasons I got my jeep. Not just to drive it but to also wrench on it

Haha I try my best but honestly don’t have time or space . Work a crazy job and prefer to spend my time wheeling and vacationing . I work on it out of necessity sometimes but certainly isn’t my number 1 choice .

jesse3638

Hooked
Haha I try my best but honestly don’t have time or space . Work a crazy job and prefer to spend my time wheeling and vacationing . I work on it out of necessity sometimes but certainly isn’t my number 1 choice .

Well anytime you need a hand let me know. The new place has a much larger garage and I'm direct have most of the tools needed. I'm on your way to St. George just saying...haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Well anytime you need a hand let me know. The new place has a much larger garage and I'm direct have most of the tools needed. I'm on your way to St. George just saying...haha

Thanks you guys have all been so helpful ... even took Dave up on his install offer twice . I think I should be able to fix this one myself but will let you know if I’m struggling .

Measured the rear LCAs and they are long by about an inch . The rear Uppers also seem to be longer than 17.5 but maybe only by 0.5” .

What’s process here .. can I unbolting the arms one at a time with wheels on, adjust length, and use a ratchet strap to line up holes again or do I need to jack up axle, put on stands, and remove rear wheels ? Other thing that is of minor concern is that I don’t have a wrench large enough for this jam nut .. or a vice to tighten. Can loosen on the vehicle but tightening down again to desired torque will be tough .

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks you guys have all been so helpful ... even took Dave up on his install offer twice . I think I should be able to fix this one myself but will let you know if I’m struggling .

Measured the rear LCAs and they are long by about an inch . The rear Uppers also seem to be longer than 17.5 but maybe only by 0.5” .

What’s process here .. can I unbolting the arms one at a time with wheels on, adjust length, and use a ratchet strap to line up holes again or do I need to jack up axle, put on stands, and remove rear wheels ? Other thing that is of minor concern is that I don’t have a wrench large enough for this jam nut .. or a vice to tighten. Can loosen on the vehicle but tightening down again to desired torque will be tough .

Don’t take all the arms out at one time. Do one at a time.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubiDave

Support the frame on jackstands. Support the axle on jackstands too. Put a Jack under the pinion side of the pumpkin. Break the jam nuts free on the control arms. Remove the frame side LCA bolts both sides and adjust length to 19-3/4 or so. Use the Jack to lift the pinion until the LCA bolts go in. Now repeat on uppers, adjust to 17-1/2 but move Jack to back end of pumpkin to tilt the upper arms forward. Diddle the lowers and uppers from there to center the axle and set pinion angle as needed, making sure to make the same length adjustment both sides. When it looks good lower to ground and torque everything to spec. Use shims between the Johnny joint and CA mount so they don't twist when you torque them. Easy peasy.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Support the frame on jackstands. Support the axle on jackstands too. Put a Jack under the pinion side of the pumpkin. Break the jam nuts free on the control arms. Remove the frame side LCA bolts both sides and adjust length to 19-3/4 or so. Use the Jack to lift the pinion until the LCA bolts go in. Now repeat on uppers, adjust to 17-1/2 but move Jack to back end of pumpkin to tilt the upper arms forward. Diddle the lowers and uppers from there to center the axle and set pinion angle as needed, making sure to make the same length adjustment both sides. When it looks good lower to ground and torque everything to spec. Use shims between the Johnny joint and CA mount so they don't twist when you torque them. Easy peasy.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the info haha . Now at least I know what to do.. That’s 90 percent no ? [emoji38]

jesse3638

Hooked

Look force Harbor freight. You should be able to find that size and if not buy a big adjustable wrench. That's what I did and it is a bit cumbersome but it gets the job done. Either one should be pretty cheap. No need to spend a ton of money on something you'll use infrequently.

Top Bottom