Evo Leveling Kit vs Teraflex Budget Boost

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
When I first bought my '15 rubi I installed a spacer leveling kit. Loved the factory quality ride. After adding bumpers/winch the front sagged a lot, even lower than factory ride height. Swapped it out for EVO leveling kit. Rides better than stock IMO. After it. Settled plus adding protec skids and other armor it has sagged about .5". I def recommend doing the EVO from the start. Save the time and cash from having to re buy.

Basically in stock form, how much do you expect the EVO lift will add w/o the weight of bumper and winch? Wouldn't want to end up nose-high per se.

?

LasVegasJK

Basically in stock form, how much do you expect the EVO lift will add w/o the weight of bumper and winch? Wouldn't want to end up nose-high per se.

?

I didn't take actual measurements, but this is the EVO leveling kit. Stock front bumper, no winch, EVO armor(steel). ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459722247.072520.jpg

RedRum

Evo kit all day ... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459741692.726688.jpg
This is with 35s messing around didn't disconnect or anything. Also I have had it a full year and love it

mds22

?

I don't think you would be nose up, but not sure.

I think a guy on here actually put a bigger spacer in the rear b/c he thought he was nose up.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the comments, and pics. Appreciated. LasVegasJK your photo was good illustration;). Leaning toward EVO, just need to wrap up taxes today then do final research.

One last question, hard to find a clean answer sometimes: After doing these leveling lifts, was an alignment necessary? Did you do it (or not) and what'd you think of the outcome?

For an inch or so of lift, I wouldn't expect a material impact. But...well, that's why I ask<g>.

aldaman

Thanks for the comments, and pics. Appreciated. LasVegasJK your photo was good illustration;). Leaning toward EVO, just need to wrap up taxes today then do final research.

One last question, hard to find a clean answer sometimes: After doing these leveling lifts, was an alignment necessary? Did you do it (or not) and what'd you think of the outcome?

For an inch or so of lift, I wouldn't expect a material impact. But...well, that's why I ask<g>.

Alignment not needed. I just installed a leveling kit on my friend's JKU and nothing needed adjustment. Even the steering wheel remained centered....:beer:

image.jpg

LasVegasJK

The only thing I adjusted was the front swaybar links. I used JKS Quicker disconnects for 0-2" lift.
Didn't need an alignment, steering wheel remained centered.

Top Bottom