Oh my, this group is nothing like I had been following for years.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Moto built is a good company, I dunno about their boxes but they make a awesome kit to stretch your jeep [emoji16] edit: the kit we have is for a shop jeep (yj) so actually haha dunno about the rest.
I think they are a back east company. Not too many people see their stuff out here on the west coast .
But again I just thought they made kits, Bumpers, diff covers and rock rings lol

Their diff covers are pretty cool, a few peeps in our group have them and they are beastly

What any of this has to do with the OP being a snowflake is beyond me but I think we get it. You like this company too.

longarmwj

Jen is local to me, she does a lot of photography at local events :shock:

Motobilt is pretty popular out here on the East Coast. They sell a lot of Crawler Concepts stuff, which I've never had any personal experience with (the Crawler Concepts JK is local to me also, and it's pretty beefy), so I'm not going to say one way or another on those products. HOWEVER, we did have a JK that had the Motobilt bolt on D-ring mounts, and on a recovery attempt one of them broke from the weld, and the other one just sheered off where they bolt on. I wouldn't touch motobilt products.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jen is local to me, she does a lot of photography at local events :shock:

I know full well that I can be an ass to some people but honestly, I wasn't trying to be with her. Exactly what I said that she found so offensive as to want to pick up and leave is beyond me.

Motobilt is pretty popular out here on the East Coast. They sell a lot of Crawler Concepts stuff, which I've never had any personal experience with (the Crawler Concepts JK is local to me also, and it's pretty beefy), so I'm not going to say one way or another on those products. HOWEVER, we did have a JK that had the Motobilt bolt on D-ring mounts, and on a recovery attempt one of them broke from the weld, and the other one just sheered off where they bolt on. I wouldn't touch motobilt products.

Well, that probably explains why I haven't heard of them. Clearly, the popularity of products and shops do tend to be regional. That being said, having a recovery point fail like that doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence in me.

longarmwj

I know full well that I can be an ass to some people but honestly, I wasn't trying to be with her. Exactly what I said that she found so offensive as to want to pick up and leave is beyond me.

Well, that probably explains why I haven't heard of them. Clearly, the popularity of products and shops do tend to be regional. That being said, having a recovery point fail like that doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence in me.

Oh believe me I know you weren't trying to be one, she obviously just took it the wrong way which is a shame.

And no doubt on that, as soon as I saw not only one, but both fail, I knew to put it on my "do not recommend" list lol

mo0s3

What any of this has to do with the OP being a snowflake is beyond me but I think we get it. You like this company too.

Haha, um I was simply saying they do make some cool parts we have used at our shop. I was not however trying to create any negative issues. Just simply saying that I have heard and have used some of the stuff they make. Apparently I quoted the wrong post and highjacked a snowflake thread. And as far as me liking the company sure:)
But that is me, I'm in no way trying to promote them in anyway.
But as far as their Boxes ? I have zero experience in that lol. Ok back to snowflake post [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

:crazyeyes::shock::eek: That's downright scary, not to mention a good way for someone to get killed!

10abadilla/jk

I don't get why people just can't read the rules and get it right the first time. If they truly had good intentions of being part of this forum they would have no reason to get "bent out of shape" and stomp their feet as they state "fine I will leave this forum" it's obvious that they just want to "pimp" and unload their shit here. I'm glad everyone reacts the way they do. Its almost like a filter to keep those who are true to not only the forum but the actual way of life protected in a sense. And those who aren't get weened out by this "filter" for that I say thank you for the positive knowledge I have gotten here and even some of the criticism. Last statement for anyone who reads this. Read the rules before you post, then cry and stomp away.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jagrubb99

Oh believe me I know you weren't trying to be one, she obviously just took it the wrong way which is a shame.

And no doubt on that, as soon as I saw not only one, but both fail, I knew to put it on my "do not recommend" list lol
I would agree with you on this. I live about 30 mins from their shop. As stated their diff covers look alright, kinda like any other fabbed cover you can buy, and like you I havent been real impressed with their new recovery points, so i wouldnt recommend them either. From what ive looked at, the craftsmanship has been hit or miss. As for the steering boxes, I'm 99% sure they dont do anything with steering boxes so her statement doesn't make much sense at all lol.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I would agree with you on this. I live about 30 mins from their shop. As stated their diff covers look alright, kinda like any other fabbed cover you can buy, and like you I havent been real impressed with their new recovery points, so i wouldnt recommend them either. From what ive looked at, the craftsmanship has been hit or miss. As for the steering boxes, I'm 99% sure they dont do anything with steering boxes so her statement doesn't make much sense at all lol.

I've wondered why I haven't heard much about them here. From the looks of them they're great, but that's how marketing works right? Glad to get an honest opinion from someone who's seen their work before I dropped a lot of cash. This thread just turned positive.

Sent from my duck blind.

jagrubb99

I've wondered why I haven't heard much about them here. From the looks of them they're great, but that's how marketing works right? Glad to get an honest opinion from someone who's seen their work before I dropped a lot of cash. This thread just turned positive.

Sent from my duck blind.
They're extremely popular in my area because they are the local business, but in my opinion their D-ring mounts are a sub-par attempt at copying what EVO produces so I would buy theirs before Motobilt's.

Draconianwinter

Hmm. For years I have heard that the cj7s had bad steering boxes, but from my experience I have never had an issue with them in two different cj7s. While there was allot of people have complained of them over the years I think it was more of am issue with their set up. Things like really large tires on already agreed cj7s. Never had one break on me and may well have just gotten lucky. Hope yours gets fixed soon.

sent from your basement

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm. For years I have heard that the cj7s had bad steering boxes, but from my experience I have never had an issue with them in two different cj7s. While there was allot of people have complained of them over the years I think it was more of am issue with their set up. Things like really large tires on already agreed cj7s. Never had one break on me and may well have just gotten lucky. Hope yours gets fixed soon.

sent from your basement

The box is fine, it's the brackets used to mount them on the frame rail that sucks. On my old CJ7, the thin brackets ended up breaking and that left me without steering. I bought a MORE HD mount and brace and all was good again.

Tomb1957

Wow, some people are wound way to tight. Eddie, I don't see anything wrong with your response to the op. I thought you gave good advice.

Top Bottom