Taking the Plunge!

daddyusmaximus

Nice looking rig. I'm planning to go with 37" Toyos as well, but no higher. I'm betting a top dollar suspension system like that rides nice... Me want...

Rubicon310

Very cool video! Will continue to follow this thread for updates! I'm in the process of building mine up but I'm only going up to 37 inch tires. Your rig is looking great so far!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Astroman

Nice looking rig. I'm planning to go with 37" Toyos as well, but no higher. I'm betting a top dollar suspension system like that rides nice... Me want...

Rides very nice........surprisingly so. I can't think of another suspension system that allows sustained fast driving over whoops and extreme articulation for crawling in the rocks!

Very cool video! Will continue to follow this thread for updates! I'm in the process of building mine up but I'm only going up to 37 inch tires. Your rig is looking great so far!

Thanks -- glad you liked the vid. Have you started a build thread? Would love to see your project come to fruition!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Astroman

Returned to Offroad Evolution for the 500 mile check/re-torque after the DTD installation:

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2788 (1).jpg

Ace ORE mechanic, Ricky (seen under the JK in the first and last photos) found the source of "clunking" noises and quickly eliminated them. Nice job!

Astroman

A couple of non-performance items added....

to dress up the JK a little....

EVO splash shield:

IMG_2789.jpg

LED tail lamps:

IMG_2790.jpg

Astroman

Phase I is officially done. It's exactly where I want to be for the time being. In this configuration I can continue running in the 2017 Jeep Jamborees I've signed up for (including Rubicon).

I'll run the snot out of the 3.6 and stock Rubicon axles this year and I've decided to merge Phases II and III (Pro Rocks/40's and Hemi/Atlas II respectively) in the November timeframe.

IMG_2664.jpg

Astroman

Damn dude looking good. Quick question: Is there a filter in the snorkel you have to change?

Sent from my duck blind.

Thanks Duck blind!

No filter element per se in the snorkel that requires changing. The round housing on top is a pre-filter, but achieves filtration through cyclonic action, so it spins the dirt particles out of the incoming air. This dirty air exhausts out of the circular housing before reaching the main air tube and thus gives much longer life to the air cleaner.

Astroman

Sent from my KFSAWI using WAYALIFE mobile app

"Looks sweet for being phase 1. Meaning you have done a bell of a lot more than I have in all my phases lol."

just making up for a late start -- LOL! I've been wanting to build a JK for years, but for many reasons I never was able to convert good intentions to completed tasks........time to turn up the gain. :yup:

Last edited:

Astroman

WOW! What is Phase 2? Cause you pretty much have exceeded most are phase 6 and 7. LOL

LOL -- Phase II will incorporate heavier axles -- in this case the ProRock 60/80 combo and 40" tires on 20" Spyderlocks. Also, I've merged what used to be Phase III to Phase II, which includes a Hemi conversion and Atlas II transfer case. Other misc items in the mix are the EVO corner guards, tire carrier, sport cage, and rear fascia bumper. :)

sc_rhino

Thank you! I can't recommend ORE enough. You won't regret it, so I encourage you to put intentions to plans :yup: I just signed up for several Jambos -- Rubicon, Moab and Big Bear. You planning on any for 2017?

Finally. Just swiped that credit card. Looking forward to it in about 6 weeks.

Liston
Instagram: black_rhino_jk

Top Bottom