IT'S HERE : Jeep JK BIG Bore XD Steerng Gear Box - NOW SHIPPING

rinkishjk

This is AWESOME! So all u need to replace is the steering gear? The stock pump and reservoir are adequate enough?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I did not see that. I guess the "up to 37's" are in the description for a very good reason and after extensive testing lol.

I guarantee you that you would still bend a drag link with 37's especially being that you could apply so much more force with the steering gear alone. I personally would still recommend a PSC ram assist as it will help make steering a LOT easier and it would help alleviate the forces being placed on your drag link considerably.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I guarantee you that you would still bend a drag link with 37's especially being that you could apply so much more force with the steering gear alone. I personally would still recommend a PSC ram assist as it will help make steering a LOT easier and it would help alleviate the forces being placed on your drag link considerably.

I still think I will just do a ram, while I would love the box alone, the price jump to have the option of a ram later is just too much for me when I can get a full psc kit for a few hundred more than just the ported box.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I still think I will just do a ram, while I would love the box alone, the price jump to have the option of a ram later is just too much for me when I can get a full psc kit for a few hundred more than just the ported box.

You know, you bring up a good point. While I can see a consumer saving some money by getting this instead of the Ram Assist kit, there really does not seem to be a ton of benefit, especially for people who already run a Ram Assist kit. Maybe I am wrong here and I am open to anyone else's opinions on the matter.

My question to all of the Ram Assist users: Have any of you been able to damage or destroy the steering box while using Ram Assist?

jeeeep

Hooked
nice upgrade :thumb:

I'm also wondering what ported and balanced means

For those of us with ram assist, does this allow the system to run without the additional reservoir? would like to reclaim some engine compartment space.

I'm about to change plugs and already getting anxiety on accessing the passenger side lol

Rancho

Caught the Bug
So a couple of weeks ago I was out at Sand Hollow shooting videos and stills for this year.
We borrowed a JK from Twisted Jeeps in Moab.
This JK has our 4" SPORT system on 35's.
We found our self on a buggy trail and had to turn around.
We started to really bind up the steering, I told the driver to take it easy as I didn't want to deal with a steering break.
He let me know that it was the new box, no issues at all.

:beer:

IMG_20170104_144612073_TOP_zpsqvb03d2w.jpg

IMG_20170104_142205621_zpsm0iilatd.jpg

AdrockTT

I spoke to PSC this am at length about the XD box. They just made the first ported one and haven't run it with hydroassist yet. Still determining pump size, reservoir, etc. The ported/balanced box is setup for hydro, but details aren't really there yet. It's typically the racers who break a sector shaft or something major after going hydroassist on the stock box. The XD box + hydroassist is really the racing or "extreme overkill" setup (per PSC). The box upgrade is a good choice for those avoiding hydroassist or who broke a stock box and are looking to upgrade.

I spoke to PSC this am at length about the XD box. They just made the first ported one and haven't run it with hydroassist yet. Still determining pump size, reservoir, etc. The ported/balanced box is setup for hydro, but details aren't really there yet. It's typically the racers who break a sector shaft or something major after going hydroassist on the stock box. The XD box + hydroassist is really the racing or "extreme overkill" setup (per PSC). The box upgrade is a good choice for those avoiding hydroassist or who broke a stock box and are looking to upgrade.

Thanks for the post up after your discussion with them. This is good to know for current hydro owners.

WJCO

Meme King
We found our self on a buggy trail and had to turn around.
We started to really bind up the steering, I told the driver to take it easy as I didn't want to deal with a steering break.

Nice pics. You sound like you've broken a sector shaft before in the middle of nowhere or something... :idontknow:

JAGS

Hooked

Why you gotta burst my bubble bro.

Lol

LarryG

This is great news! I am in the process of adding Hydro Assist on my JK, but my JKU isn't going to get the "assist", so it may be my next mod on that one!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
for those who haven't seen it:

While the box does look like it performs awesome, I still think the ram is the better way to go to distribute the steering load across the system, rather than through the drag link only :idontknow:

Top Bottom