Taking the Plunge!

Astroman

Ok folks — it’s been a year since the completion of phase 1 and have had lots of fun on a number of Jamborees including Rubicon and Moab (Rusty Nail and Golden Spike). Awesome performance.

Kicked off phase 2 today with ordering of the 1 ton axles — PR 60/80 with ARB and 5:38 gears. In the 10-12 weeks quoted for the build and delivery, I’ll have the chance to finalize beadlock and 40” tire selection as well as source a crate 6.4 Hemi and conversion kit. Really excited for this next stage of evolution!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ravenmad

This is going to be awesome man... Looking forward to you finishing it and being able to really enjoy it even more.

Astroman

IMG_0708.JPG

40 Trail Grapplers arrived! Man they dwarf my 37s [emoji15]

Also received the 8-bolt KMC Machete beadlocks:

IMG_0710.JPG

Once the PR60/80 axles arrive at ORE, let the next transformation begin! [emoji869]

Astroman

Man this is going to be a beast!

Yup -- for me I wanted a beastly JK to tackle beastly terrain with less fear of breakage!

Post lots of pics. Going to look sweet.

Definitely planning to and will also put out a video update to the one at the front of this thread -- stay tuned!

Those KMC’s are a good looking wheel!

:yup: I struggled trying to decide between the ATX Slabs and these, but the Black Friday deal at Northridge 4x4 for 5 40" Nittos with 5 KMC Machete beadlocks clinched the decision and now that I've looked at them in person, I'm glad I picked these.

Astroman

It’s gonna look awesome man! Can’t wait to see the video and picture updates!

Thanks. I expect axles to arrive in early January, so it won’t be too long now! In the meantime I’ll be searching for a 6.4 Hemi and conversion kit [emoji41]

Added some other goodies to install when I drop her off to install axles: EVO sport cage, corners, tire carrier, PSC hydraulic steering assist, led tail lights and rear fascia with D-ring mounts.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Thanks. I expect axles to arrive in early January, so it won’t be too long now! In the meantime I’ll be searching for a 6.4 Hemi and conversion kit [emoji41]

Added some other goodies to install when I drop her off to install axles: EVO sport cage, corners, tire carrier, PSC hydraulic steering assist, led tail lights and rear fascia with D-ring mounts.

Sounds like everything you’ve ever dreamed of putting on/in a Jeep haha [emoji38]

Top Bottom