Another 37 vs 40 thread

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks man! Massive is the right word. Pictures don't do them justice. I can't wait to get everything together and installed. The wheel problem was a slight setback but fixable. Glad I tried them before I had the axles bolted on. Apparently they "forgot" to bore the centers out on the wheels when they drilled them. Doh!
View attachment 326754

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup, that will stop you in your tracks. What width did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Yup, that will stop you in your tracks. What width did you go with?

70.2" with 4.75" backspace wheel. I am staying coil/shocks and 38" tires for now. Gotta save up for awhile after this. Running big bore steering box but no hydro assist yet. Reliability is what I am going for so I can wheel relatively worry free while I save for the next steps. It's never really done though is it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Looks awesome!

I love the kingpin axles. I'm so over ball joints. I've pounded on kingpin 60's in my work trucks and never had any kind of breakage or wobble. 👍👍

I have had wobble on ball joint 60's before, and that was with 30" tires😭😭

A.J.

Looks awesome!

I love the kingpin axles. I'm so over ball joints. I've pounded on kingpin 60's in my work trucks and never had any kind of breakage or wobble. [emoji106][emoji106]

I have had wobble on ball joint 60's before, and that was with 30" tires[emoji24][emoji24]

Thanks! I’m pretty stoked about them. I will be more stoked when I’m back to wheeling it though.

trplxj

Congrats. The axles look awesome. I Like the diff cover.

I remember when I first got the one tons for my Jeep. I couldn’t believe how freaking big they are. Now I look at them and don’t think they look that big. And I think my 37’s look little and wish I had 40’s. [emoji23]

A.J.

Congrats. The axles look awesome. I Like the diff cover.

I remember when I first got the one tons for my Jeep. I couldn’t believe how freaking big they are. Now I look at them and don’t think they look that big. And I think my 37’s look little and wish I had 40’s. [emoji23]

Seriously. They look freaking huge. I’m almost regretting not just going straight to 40’s but I was running out of $ and 38’s were cheap. I can get by without hydro assist for awhile with them and I shouldn’t have to do any more trimming or suspension changes. They even built the rear shock mounts to rockstar skids specs for me so shock length and bump stops stay as they are now.

A.J.

Finally got to install this weekend. Lot of work but got the axles,big bore box and brake booster/master combo all done and in. Ordered driveshafts this morning. Should be driving by next weekend. Few pictures my wife got for me. I’m on the home stretch!
Image1559069481.173420.jpg Image1559069505.672709.jpg Image1559069521.488175.jpg Image1559069537.755321.jpg Image1559069558.858856.jpg Image1559069573.241739.jpg Image1559069585.009651.jpg Image1559069615.511706.jpg
Last one is the old ones obviously. Can’t wait to get the final details wrapped up so I can get my fun vs work ratio back in order.

A.J.

I am really happy how everything turned out. Driveshafts should be done this week.
Image1559186946.836104.jpg
Here it is on the ground. I’ll try to get some better pictures once everything is dialed in. I’m really terrible about pictures though.

Top Bottom