Siesta Key to Moab...

Kapica

Regardless of what advice you get on what trails to do, you need to get this book as well. It's pretty much indispensable. This is marked as 2nd edition - there are newer ones out there. Check it out on Amazon.

View attachment 279462

Edit: Advice from one Fucking East Coaster to another, and this is no bullshit, you are going to encounter shelf roads out there that may scare the living shit out of you. Be prepared if anyone in your group is afraid of heights. Even ones that are easy, like the trail climbing up to to Gemini Bridges will have your ass grabbing the seat cushions. Some of highways have drop-offs that will give you pause as well. After you've driven around a day or so you start to get used to it all and by the time you're ready to leave it's like no biggie at all. Its just getting comfortable at first that may have you edgy

LOL! Thanks for the heads up. I kinda figured it was going to be that but I'm looking forward to being put out of my comfort zone. Its too flat here.

Kapica

Trip

Thanks everyone for your help an input! My friend just picked up that trail book for us and we are marking down the trails we want to hit. Planning on camping in Colorado a couple nights before renting an air bnb in moab. :)

Tanktitan

This ^^^ is pretty much a must for first timers :yup:

Absolutely get the Charles Wells guidebook but go to their website FunTreks.com and get the SD card as well. You can download it to your GPS, or better to Gaia on an iPad. It has the waypoints and tracks so you know which trail you are on and where to turn at the countless trail intersections.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kapica

Absolutely get the Charles Wells guidebook but go to their website FunTreks.com and get the SD card as well. You can download it to your GPS, or better to Gaia on an iPad. It has the waypoints and tracks so you know which trail you are on and where to turn at the countless trail intersections.

I will check that out. It would be super helpful to have that downloaded on the gps.

LBK Bud

Newbie on this site....

We live on Longboat Key, my JK is a stock Sport S but I want to go to Moab next year. We tow the JK behind a motor home. We'd love to hook up with a group heading west and hit some easier trails .

Maybe with some incentive the CFO will free up some funds for mods before we go.

:beer:

JKbrick

Newbie on this site....

We live on Longboat Key, my JK is a stock Sport S but I want to go to Moab next year. We tow the JK behind a motor home. We'd love to hook up with a group heading west and hit some easier trails .

Maybe with some incentive the CFO will free up some funds for mods before we go.

Welcome aboard! That’s a beautiful area to live

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Newbie on this site....

Welcome to Wayalife from Sarasota!!!

We do have a group going out to Moab this coming summer. And we have Jeep meets every week or 2, locations tend to change. PM me if you have any questions about Jeep meets or the upcoming trip!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I always also recommend Long Canyon for sunset....easy trail, just bust out a chair and wait...the view is simply stunning.

On a clear night, you can see forever, past the canyons, to the snow capped mountains!

8734749890_4a0038c5d9_b.jpg

Top Bottom