IT'S HERE : Jeep JK BIG Bore XD Steerng Gear Box - NOW SHIPPING

wutwasithnkn

Not sure if this is the best place for this post or not, but since I am interested in PSC steering box I thought I would start here. I recently have upgraded 2012 Rubicon JKU to 3.5 Rock Krawler with 37” tires. We removed steering stabilizer and my buddy doesn’t think I need one (and it will just get smacked when we go wheeling). I added Yeti drag link but haven’t done anything else with steering. However it seems to “wander” a lot on roads and requires me to actively adjust. I’m pretty new to jeeps so not that familiar with this but pretty sure it can be corrected. My question is whether that requires a new steering box or steering stabilizer?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Not sure if this is the best place for this post or not, but since I am interested in PSC steering box I thought I would start here. I recently have upgraded 2012 Rubicon JKU to 3.5 Rock Krawler with 37” tires. We removed steering stabilizer and my buddy doesn’t think I need one (and it will just get smacked when we go wheeling). I added Yeti drag link but haven’t done anything else with steering. However it seems to “wander” a lot on roads and requires me to actively adjust. I’m pretty new to jeeps so not that familiar with this but pretty sure it can be corrected. My question is whether that requires a new steering box or steering stabilizer?

Likely neither. Make sure track bar is torqued properly and has no play. Check your caster. If caster is low, it will cause your symptom. Also check all steering joints for play. What tire pressure are you running?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

you need to set your castor angle on your axle correctly. Did your kit come with control arms? Also did you do a drag link flip?

Look in here
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

wutwasithnkn

Likely neither. Make sure track bar is torqued properly and has no play. Check your caster. If caster is low, it will cause your symptom. Also check all steering joints for play. What tire pressure are you running?

Thanks for response. Everything torqued correctly. Just rechecked last weekend. Caster is fine as well and actually took it in last week for alignment. I’m running 25 psi. BFG KO2 if it matters.

wutwasithnkn

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Thanks for quick reply. Yes it came with new control arms. And yes I purchased and installed Yeti drag link flip.

Did you do a final torque down of your control arms with the Jeep sitting on the ground under its own weight? Same for track bars.

Make sure your drag link and track bar is as close to parallel as you can get it.

If everything was done correctly and assuming the that alignment shop didn’t fuck up your caster than it should all be good. Maybe the issue is with your yeti drag link. Honestly it sounds like a caster issue to me.

No you don't. I spoke with sales and they have two XDII boxes. Non ported and ported/capped. You don't need to run the ram with ported box but you can if want in the future. Just take a cap out and add another line.
So does this mean u can plan on hydrolic upgrade in the future if you get the ported and just run it as if u ran one without the hydrolics for instance if cash was a hold off point? Been thinking about getting the big bore2 but I almost figured for 700 more why not get the whole ram kit.... really running down this path cuz I got a fox ats which is defently nice but as you all know impulse buys happen lol!

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkjon

So does this mean u can plan on hydrolic upgrade in the future if you get the ported and just run it as if u ran one without the hydrolics for instance if cash was a hold off point? Been thinking about getting the big bore2 but I almost figured for 700 more why not get the whole ram kit.... really running down this path cuz I got a fox ats which is defently nice but as you all know impulse buys happen lol!

That’s what I’m doing, just got it in today.. photos don’t do it justice - it’s huge

IMG_6583.jpg

Jkjon

And heavy! Are you installing it yourself?

Yep that’s the plan, I’m thinking about using one of these power steering return line fittings and just replacing the entire return line with 3/8” 300 PSI low pressure hydraulic hose. Figured I can just splice in a single pass aluminum cooler and not worry about the stock hard line.

We’ll see how it goes

IMG_6587.jpg

Jkjon

Check out this thread for the install, i put a couple tips on there that will make it a lot easier. Verge and I both flushed the system with the swepco flush at the same time. Worth the money to protect the new gear. Good luck!

PRESS RELEASE : Meet The New Jeep JK BIG BORE XDII-R

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47513https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47513

Yep got the flushing oil and will be using swepco - I’ll check it out. Thanks!

Yep that’s the plan, I’m thinking about using one of these power steering return line fittings and just replacing the entire return line with 3/8” 300 PSI low pressure hydraulic hose. Figured I can just splice in a single pass aluminum cooler and not worry about the stock hard line.

We’ll see how it goes

View attachment 279679

How did that plan work out for you? I just got my BoreIIxd ordered will be going in at Christmas time, pretty excited about this set up esp to compare to the stock size.

Top Bottom