BUST - Part 2 : The California Emigrant Trail / The Great Platte River Road

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Love how the journey is unfolding. I forgot just how remote and untamed the landscape gets the further west we get from Missouri. Especially the western Nebraska border with Wyoming. Can’t even imagine how it might been back then with almost no civilization( dirt roads, bridges, stops).

Really great job, guys. Can’t wait for the next one.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubiDave

Another great episode.
It's hard to imagine running out of liquor with another 1500 miles to walk. That only 1 in 10 died along the way is testament to how tough people used to be.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you guys so much for doing this. The whole concept is amazing and I’m loving the videos. I grew up in the Independence area and spent a lot of time hunting in Kansas and Nebraska in my youth. It was great to see the area from your eyes. Keep them coming, I can’t wait to see the Rockies come over the horizon. What that must have felt like from a covered wagon.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

reiverrob

Love it

Eddy
This is fantastic, I love history and being a Limey I know all about English and Scottish history but to to see how the west was won is new for me, the grit, the determination, the hardship, the sorrow, the heart break, all of this and more is what America is built on. Love it, more more more please.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Loving it and still smiling. I didn’t remember the buffalo.
Going through the fort/camps again brought back some good memories.
Great music too!! :beer:

I bet it did specially the teaser for part 3. Lol
Some of the best times is when your helping a friend on the trail. I know I have had plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Finally able to watch this, been a busy week/weekend. Great video, a lot if cool history and the scenery is changing in a great way the more west you go! Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I loved the video. Loved the history and the music you put to it. It went too fast. Looking forward to the next one Thanks for making these. I am going to stick with 24:30 for the third one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Loved it! Keep them coming!

Did the jail have 8 slots on the windows and doors, like the 8th slot here? [emoji23]

I’ll guess 22:01 for part 3.

:cheesy: Maybe so!! :)

So much history. Really cool video!

What's crazy is that we're not even showing everything that we saw and really, there is so much more we didn't see. :crazyeyes:

Another entertaining instalment! Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Guessing 21:30 for episode 3

Glad you enjoyed it :)

What a great video guys! Very cool road trip! This land was made for you and me, and my Jeep, burning fossil fuels!

HAPPYTRAILS

LOL - awesome :)

Great editing! Great video!

Thank you :)

I remember seeing a short teaser from you guys a few years ago about this trip. And I wondered what had happened to the footage or if the trip just never came to be but now, I can say that this is coming out at exactly the perfect time. Totally needed this. Can’t wait for a part 3 that I’m guessing will come in right at 23:04

It wasn't the right time back then. Now it is and we're glad you're enjoying it :)

Just watched part 1 and 2. What an adventure! Love the history.

Awesome, happy to hear you're enjoying the series. :)

Can only imagine what those people went through to make that Journey. But when you think about it... they couldn't have done it with out Big Wheels & Strong Axles... :yup: Great Video!

Part 3 - 27:10

LOL - this is so true! :)

Amazing history and video!!! I’d love to do a trip like this sometime

It really is a trip that I think every American should do but very few have any clue about.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm loving all the history you're sharing along the way. It's interesting to see the impact all those wagons had as they crossed the country
Part 3 guess 20:15

Hundreds of thousands of anything will leave a mark. It's just amazing that it's all still there for us to see :)

Very interesting history, thanks for sharing your journeys. The rock with engraved signatures was really neat.

Part 3 time guess 25:01

The history left behind by these pioneers is amazing for sure.

Another great video. Really love the history of this series. I’m guessing 18:31 for the next video. Thank you two for all your hard work.

So glad you're enjoying it :)

Such a cool history lesson! Crazy to see all the ruts all these years later from how many people passed thru the area!

It really is crazy to think just how many people made this 2,000 mile journey and most on foot!

I have really enjoyed watching both videos of your journey, especially the history. Can't wait to see Episode 3. My guess is it will be 19:19 long.

Awesome. So happy to hear it :)

Once again no surprise great video. I’ll guess 23 minutes for part 3.

LOL - thank you :)

This is an awesome series...but I’ll take a JT over a Conestoga wagon anytime...

LOL - me too :)

Loving it and still smiling. I didn’t remember the buffalo.
Going through the fort/camps again brought back some good memories.
Great music too!! :beer:

Good times for sure :)

So cool. So much history. I've actually been to those Wyoming spots, didn't realize it was the same trail. Really humbling.

Too cool that you've been able to see some of this for yourself :)

What an unbelievable journey it must have been to do that on foot or covered wagon with hardly a map and just stories to go by. Great series you guys put together to show that.

All they knew was to go west. Pretty amazing for sure.

Top Bottom