In the Rubicon Buying Process NOW!

black pearl

Hooked
Thanks for your help! I'm curious how long ago you got the Teraflex lift? I do not want a cheap crappy lift, I'll spend the money on good quality. What lift do you think is highest quality?

The guy at HB Jeep says that its top of line for them. Yes Currie makes a good lift but the Teraflex also has a really good warranty. Unfortunately I need to add some lift to the deal as I can pay it off. I know if I put the lift I will have more capability to do some more challenging rock climbing.

I got a 2.5 lift that at the start gave me almost 3.5 in of lift in less then a year, the springs started to flatten out. I was at about 2 inches of lift. The lift is only a year and a half old. They are also really common for breaks. I now run rancho 9000 shocks and am switching in EVO plush ride springs.
I personally would look at rancho sport lifts or EVOs lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks so much for feedback. HB Jeep swear that Teraflex is top of the line they said Mopar helped develop those. Its the teraflex tuned shocks and coils 3 inch lift with trackbar.

Don't lose horsepower? He said the CAI and AFE power- exhaust- mach force xp will add 3%-7% back to my horsepower....
Its tricky, I don't want to get a crappy lift, Im hearing different opinions.

Thanks for your help! I'm curious how long ago you got the Teraflex lift? I do not want a cheap crappy lift, I'll spend the money on good quality. What lift do you think is highest quality?

The guy at HB Jeep says that its top of line for them. Yes Currie makes a good lift but the Teraflex also has a really good warranty. Unfortunately I need to add some lift to the deal as I can pay it off. I know if I put the lift I will have more capability to do some more challenging rock climbing.

Most sales people are either greedy or ignorant. These guys may honestly believe that Teraflex is top of the line. Why don't you read through this thread and then relook at your decision: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/37869-Teraflex-Bad-rep-for-a-reason-or-isolated-cases .

As far as warranty, many members here have had Teraflex parts break, then the company blames the consumer.

As far as cai and exhaust, you will not see the gains (if any) unless you're on a dyno, and even if there is a gain, it's very minor and not worth the money IMO. We've even seen members here that have purchased a Mopar cai, and when their engine was dusted, the warranty did not cover it.

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

If you're determined to get a lift, you could go with a 4" Mopar lift.
If the dealership installs it, then it will be covered under warranty.

If you go with larger tires, be sure to re-gear.

Here's a shot of the wife's 2016 Hardrock JKUR with 4" Mopar lift on 37" Falken Wildpeak MTs.

The only chopping was a 1 1/4" trim of the rear of the Rubicon sliders. Cut them straight, and put the end caps right back on.

20171226_141928.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Dear god...

Don’t buy a Terrorflex lift.
Don’t finance your aftermarket parts.
Certainly don’t finance anything Terroflex.

Why can’t your jeep be a daily driver?

Listen to your wife.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
If you're determined to get a lift, you could go with a 4" Mopar lift.
If the dealership installs it, then it will be covered under warranty.

If you go with larger tires, be sure to re-gear.

Here's a shot of the wife's 2016 Hardrock JKUR with 4" Mopar lift on 37" Falken Wildpeak MTs.

The only chopping was a 1 1/4" trim of the rear of the Rubicon sliders. Cut them straight, and put the end caps right back on.

View attachment 287545

Dude, the rig in your avatar....I want it!

JKU007FL

Don't buy 2017/18 JK?

I am new to Jeeps so my comment may not apply.
I always heard and read to never buy a car during first or second year of production and wait for reliability or driver reports. I bought a Rubicon Recon on October, did I make a mistake? My thought process was that a JK has been out for 10 years and everyone seem to love it (I do too!!)
First I heard the JL has run/stop engine, no key and a lot more electronics and due to that I decided not to wait and bought the JK.

Juan

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I always heard and read to never buy a car during first or second year of production and wait for reliability or driver reports. I bought a Rubicon Recon on October, did I make a mistake? My thought process was that a JK has been out for 10 years and everyone seem to love it (I do too!!)
First I heard the JL has run/stop engine, no key and a lot more electronics and due to that I decided not to wait and bought the JK.

Juan

I personally believe you made a great decision!
The JL will be nice but the JK Recon is no slouch.

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug

Juan

I agree and personally would wait for awhile before purchasing a JL. That being said, I understand the excitement and hope they are all good for the people that do get them. I got burned once with a first model year vehicle and will never do that again!

To the OP. I think you made a good decision to stick with a proven design that has all the bugs worked out. Follow up with a couple more of those good decisions! We all get the excitement and wanting it all at once. You’ve been given some real solid advice. I hope you take it.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the new Jeep! I would echo the good advice you’re getting here. Hell just watch the last two videos Eddie posted and watch some old stock - ish jeeps conquering moab. Spend some time with it and do some research on upgrades.

benatc1

Hooked
Hate to say it because it seems like you really trust your dealer but he’s just trying to sell you something you don’t need right now and for way more than it’s worth. Either way get the Jeep and follow the great advice here. You’ll spend less in the long run and it will give you time to save and get the right stuff that fits your style. You’d be amazed what a stock Rubicon can do

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Dear god...

Don’t buy a Terrorflex lift.
Don’t finance your aftermarket parts.
Certainly don’t finance anything Terroflex.

Why can’t your jeep be a daily driver?

Listen to your wife.

My thoughts exactly. Something seems fishy about the original post. If it is for real, just buy the jeep, wheel it, and then figure out what you're going to need before you end up wasting a lot of money. Just my 2 cents.

Desert Crawler

HB Jeep swear that Teraflex is top of the line they said Mopar helped develop those.

Actually it was the other way around. The 3" lift Mopar was selling is a rebranded Terraflex kit. They have previously used both AEV and RE components. I hear Mopar started producing their own parts for their current 2 & 4" lifts.

zimm

Caught the Bug
How much are these dealership mods going to add to the price of the jeep? Then take that money (I'm guessing $10k+) and put into a loan calculator for how many months you're financing and see what a piece of shit Chinese made lift is going to cost you in the end of several years. You'll probably still be paying for it after you're not happy and replace with something else.

If it were me, I would buy the jeep and get it home. Then take whatever the payments would have increased for the parts and save up to buy each upgrade. You will like your jeep more when you get to save up, install, and enjoy each mod you do. Buying turn key will not only be boring, but a huge waste of $$$. Put in an EVO leveling kit ($250 plus shocks), 35's, skid plate, winch, recovery gear and you're ready for the fast majority of off-road trails.

We have a stubborn jeeper in our club who is determined to see how far his JKUR will go on stock rubber (with a leveling kit and skids). It's shocking how far it'll go. Moab- hell's revenge, gold spike, poison spyder, etc. Sure we have to drag him over some stuff, but it's very capable.

Zevulin

Bottom line is the dealer is full of shit. As another member alluded to, Mopar lifts are just rebranded Teraflex garbage. For half the price you could install a much better lift yourself and learn about your Jeep in the process.

RedRocker

Aside from guzzling gas I'd like to hear the reasoning why a JK or JL can't be a daily driver.

My wife and I must be doing it wrong since that's all we've been driving for the last 6 years. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dharmaroad

IMHO from a tight ass.

1. Do not let the dealer install your lift. These Jeeps are so easy to work on. I've even installed suspension parts in a parking lot. DO IT YOURSELF!

2. I would look at a EVO leveling kit or better yet the EVO basic 3" with control arms and add your shocks of choice.

3. I would not even bother with the exhaust. I have been running my stock since day one. I bet you would not even notice a 3-7% difference anyways. Why replace something that is perfectly fine.

or

4. Just drive the fucker. You will find out then what you really would need to change.

Thats a good idea. I decided not to do the mods there, I will drive for a bit and see whats next. Thanks for the kick in the behind.

I haven’t had any problems with HB Jeep other than their sales process is shit because they do so much volume and frankly do not care. However, their volume also allows them to occasionally blow out some Rubicons for really cheap. Check their website for published blowout deals and also try Truecar.com. Back in July I bought my Rubi (hard top, 4.10 and alpine system) that had a sticker of $44,860 for $37,800. Try to get the best possible deal and like others have said drive away fast, learn your jeep and do your own mods.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom