Starting over from scratch with a JKUR, the rise of Tonto

Kyle7R

latest
Damn new phone. I'll figure this out eventually.

In other news, found the culprit of my new rattle from after this weekend's wheeling. Bolt on the front swaybar link had wiggled itself loose.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

Okay good...here's some more pics from this weekend's adventures.

I'm already looking forward to the next outing...after I diagnose the new rattle I've got coming from underneath :naw:

View attachment 266553

View attachment 266554

View attachment 266555

View attachment 266556

View attachment 266557

View attachment 266559

View attachment 266560

We had an absolute blast, with a great group of folks and are still having to pinch ourselves after every outing because we still cannot believe that we live here :wings:

guys, it looks like I got it figured out.

Let me know if this is working for everybody else, apparently this new fangled phone was saving all my photos in a raw state, and not as jpeg. So I transferred them to my laptop to convert them, and updated the settings in my phone camera.

GraniteCrystal

Nope, still not showing up for me. Maybe you need to convert to png then back to jpg (not jpeg) and try importing again.

Last edited:

Jackal01

Works for me on computer. Looks like a good time.

Are you gonna keep your Texas plates? :yup::thumb::rock:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Okay good...here's some more pics from this weekend's adventures.

I'm already looking forward to the next outing...after I diagnose the new rattle I've got coming from underneath :naw:

View attachment 266553

View attachment 266554

View attachment 266555

View attachment 266556

View attachment 266557

View attachment 266559

View attachment 266560

We had an absolute blast, with a great group of folks and are still having to pinch ourselves after every outing because we still cannot believe that we live here :wings:

I can see those.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

Nope, still not showing up for me. Maybe you need to convert to png then back to jpg (not jpeg) and try importing again.

You ruined my prank! :)

:bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh:

Works for me on computer. Looks like a good time.

Are you gonna keep your Texas plates? :yup::thumb::rock:

Gonna try to hold onto them as long as possible, it's registered there currently but insured by a company up here with our current address.

I can see those.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

GraniteCrystal

:bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh:

Gonna try to hold onto them as long as possible, it's registered there currently but insured by a company up here with our current address.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
When I moved here from Texas, I ditched the Texas plates as fast as I could.

That said, registration in CO is about 10x as much so there are financial benefits to keeping it in Texas.

Jackal01

That said, registration in CO is about 10x as much so there are financial benefits to keeping it in Texas.
If we move out of state(would be Wyoming or Colorado in about 20 years) I will be keeping mine. I'll register them with my parents, in laws, a friend, somebody that doesn't care. It is $84 to register my keep and that is $84 too much. Tack on $25 to inspect annually. Fuck taxes. Wyoming is more friendly to automobile regulations as is Colorado as I recall.

Kyle7R

Wow! Looks like an awesome time! I'm jelly

it really was, one of my favorite trails so far, you guys will be up here soon enough :clap2:

That scenery never gets old man. Looks like a solid time and fun river crossing!

Not nearly as deep in the pictures as it felt like driving through it, I thought for sure we were up to the door handles! Lol

Yeah, that is no joke...and having just bought this thing before we moved I'm going to milk that Texas registration as long as possible!

If we move out of state(would be Wyoming or Colorado in about 20 years) I will be keeping mine. I'll register them with my parents, in laws, a friend, somebody that doesn't care. It is $84 to register my keep and that is $84 too much. Tack on $25 to inspect annually. Fuck taxes. Wyoming is more friendly to automobile regulations as is Colorado as I recall.

Yeah, I'm thinking about registering it at my parents place if we can manage it. We'll just see, also depends on if my lovely wife picks her out another vehicle anytime soon

WJCO

Meme King
it really was, one of my favorite trails so far, you guys will be up here soon enough :clap2:

This is really a special trail. I grew up here and remembered as a kid when the Jeeps would go over the gatekeeper, that they were all badasses. Now that I'm grown and have done this trail, it still packs a punch although it is a moderate Trail. It gets you away from people, has some intense obstacles, and gives you a good half day of fun.

Kyle7R

After some trail damage at the local car wash, got lost on the way to the mall....

My license plate bracket got busted loose. So I decided to use this as an opportunity to relocate to the rear tire.

20170711_141911.jpg

Kyle7R

Clean look brotha!

This is one of those mods I always wanted to do on the 2door, but it woulda been much harder with that T-handle on the OR-Fab carrier, so I'm stoked to have it on this one..just needed a "reason" to make the change lol

Looks good. Just needs to say Colorado.

#TexasForever :rock::rock::rock:

It might say Colorado eventually, gonna stretch this as far as I can! lol.

Top Bottom