Sharkey's Tip of the Day

tdougherty81

Lol. Funny shit. Well, looks like I was wrong. It happens...not often, but it does happen.

I apologize.

You have to admit though, the sticker in your first post is all fucked up and does, in fact, look photoshopped.

Thank you, and yes I agree it was not the best picture. Lost a lot of pictures when I broke my phone so I used the one I had. Got better one now even though it's in the dark.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I don't know you Sharkey (obviously) but Tom is my friend and I appreciate the apology.

No worries. I call it like I see it, and I'm man enough to apologize if I get it wrong. It comes with the territory and believe me, scab "members" pull all sorts of shit trying to get in on giveaways which sucks for actual contributing members of the community.

tdougherty81

No worries. I call it like I see it, and I'm man enough to apologize if I get it wrong. It comes with the territory and believe me, scab "members" pull all sorts of shit trying to get in on giveaways which sucks for actual contributing members of the community.

True, I've been following for almost a year and have seen it. I'm not one of them.

Jackal01

Totally get that. I hate it as much as the rest of us that contribute (or at least try to like myself).

Hopefully the others are man enough also...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have experienced brake fade. I would like to not do that again.

attachment.php

Ok, here we go again!! I know for certain that this is NOT a Wayalife sticker, sold by Eddie and Cindy. WTF?!?

mds22

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449522939.826395.jpg I heard there was a giveaway, where do I enter to get free stuff??
Mine is real I promise!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm bumping this old thread of mine due to some extremely unfortunate recent events in Moab.

Tip of the Day:

If you are new to driving Jeeps and driving off road, please wait a season or two before dumping a bunch of money into your Jeep to look cool and go play on the harder trails. Those of us that have been around for longer than YouTube often recommend that Newbies just get out and drive for a while before building up their rigs. By doing so, you learn invaluable lessons about your, and your vehicle's, limits. Give yourself time to learn how to read terrain, tire placement, trust of spotters, what to do when there are no spotters, and hopefully how to react in situations that are not going as planned.

I like to wheel with the guy/gal who knows their limits and isn't afraid to say "no" or "I'll go around this one"; I don't like to wheel with the guy/gal who says "hold my beer" or, even worse, says nothing at all and just pins the accelerator down while squeezing the steering wheel so hard the blood disappears from their hands.

Accidents happen for sure...that's why they are called accidents. With that said, I am fearful that the recent events in Moab are a reflection of the "gotta get me a JL, get someone to build it for me, and go make videos wheeling" crowd that has emerged as of late.

There endeth the lesson.

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Well Said Sharkey... and partially why I’m in no rush to go big.

Just read about it... Pray everyone is ok... especially the woman that was hit.

Top Bottom