Recent Shooting and Discussion

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You figure those numbers are accurate? After so many years of combat. Got news for you buttercup, even the non combat folks are worth two of you judging by the shit you’ve typed in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Feel free to provide the real numbers then. I’m not talking about deployment, I’m talking about actual combat.

Regardless, it is incredibly ironic that you say “not everyone gets a trophy” while at the same time claiming the mere fact of having served in the military makes one deserving of a trophy.

Rest assured though, I won’t lose sleep tonight about the fact you think I have no worth in society just because I didn’t serve. I’m sure you won’t lose sleep tonight knowing that I won’t give you extra worth simply for the fact that you did. I guess we can at least agree on that.

Respect is earned, it doesn’t “come with the job”.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Feel free to provide the real numbers then. I’m not talking about deployment, I’m talking about actual combat.

Regardless, it is incredibly ironic that you say “not everyone gets a trophy” while at the same time claiming the mere fact of having served in the military makes one deserving of a trophy.

Rest assured though, I won’t lose sleep tonight about the fact you think I have no worth in society just because I didn’t serve. I’m sure you won’t lose sleep tonight knowing that I won’t give you extra worth simply for the fact that you did. I guess we can at least agree on that.

Respect is earned, it doesn’t “come with the job”.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

If I ever need a lawyer, I’m hiring you!

jdofmemi

Well, that escalated in an unexpected way.

I recall a time when people in this country could have different opinions on an issue, but still be friends, and be free to disagree with one another without it becoming a personal attack.

I recall a time when people in this country could have different opinions on an issue, but still be friends, and be free to disagree with one another without it becoming a personal attack.

Crazy how it wasn’t that long ago. Pre smart phone was such a friendlier time.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
You have a shop and can work on your own Jeep, are you actually disabled? That can be argued.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Argue all you want and yes, severe headaches from TBI , short term memory lose and partial hearing lose do to be hit by an RPG. I can’t run and still have difficulty walking at times from all the hip surgeries. I can not raise my left arm more then shoulder height and so on. You learn to adapt and stay active. You know OverlanderJK, I have been a member of this forum for awhile now. I usually stay quiet and don’t get involved in these discussions. I have always appreciated your input on your knowledge on Jeeps and never had anything bad to say about you or any long term member of this site.

I do not feel like anyone owes me anything for my service, I did volunteer to join and serve my country because I felt it was a duty and an honor. My family are all Military Veterans going back to WWI. My wife’s family is all Marines and going back to the civil war. My boy’s felt it was their duty and honor also. Just another fact I have two Bachelors Degrees and two Masters Degrees and not in liberal arts bullshit. All my kids also have a college education.

It just struck me wrong when an individual made it seem my family and I only served to leech off of tax payers. If I miss interpreted his meaning, then I do apologize. I will not apologize for being proud that I served my country for 25 years and I am a combat veteran, 3 tours in Afghanistan, 1 in Africa, Libya, Syria and Iraq. I have no problem with people that haven’t served, that is their choice and it does not make them any better or worse of a person than I. It doesn’t bother me, what does is people trashing Veterans, Police, Fire Fighters, and other First responders that see the absolute worst of humanity and put themselves in harms way for others, that is noble. Now, I will not disagree there are dirt bags that have not served honorably, most are usually discharged under other than honorable conditions.

I have served all over the world spent 17 years straight overseas all throughout 3 rd world countries and it gave me a deeper appreciation of America and what it stands for. I wish no bad feelings toward anyone here and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but so am I.

And as for my shop and what I have, I made a lot of smart business investments. I Saved and invested wisely in the stock market. It paid of for my family and I. It was not from leeching off of taxpayers I case anyone was wondering.

So with that, God Bless everyone and their families and have a wonderful and safe night.

Guess, I will also just be a silent viewer for here on out. I am not leaving the forum. I have the outmost respect for Eddie and Cindy and what the do for the community, along with all the advice Eddie has passed on to me. Along with many other members here. It is a great forum and tool.

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked

The key issue of this thread I think has stayed pretty true to your statement. While we can and have disagree (some more drastically than others) I think we’ve all been respectful.

When we start going off the rails, things certainly become interesting in s hurry.

Crazy how it wasn’t that long ago. Pre smart phone was such a friendlier time.

Was it that dumb people thought a smart phone actually made them smart. Lol.

It’s interesting to see adults in the room not acting very adult like. Not specifically on this forum, but more so in everyday life.

WJCO

Meme King
Guess, I will also just be a silent viewer for here on out. I am not leaving the forum.

You've always brought a positive and fun attitude to the forum. I for one hope you continue to post here rather than be a silent viewer. And I respect you for be willing to stand up for what you believe in and speak about it openly here.

Abntroop

For what it’s worth, I owe several of you an apology. What was initially meant as an attempt to clarify a Va issue devolved pretty quickly into a pretty shitty convo. That certainly was not my initial intent and the rest, for my part, was me being pissed and showing my ass. I know better than to mix it up in these kind of topics and then jumped right in knowing no good would come from it. I think timing has something to do with it in all honesty as I haven’t filed for Va benefits since I got out out of personal pride as I count myself a lucky one who came home with all his fingers and toes when many others did not. Call it driven by pride, or driven by guilt for making it through whole, but now I am actually in the process of filing as my hearing is shot, the constant pain from my knees and lower back are a grind, and I have been living on antidepressants for several years. I’m not saying that to garner sympathy, these are results of my choice, but to explain that the comments on topic hit a nerve and I got on my high horse. Suffice to say I know I was an ass about it and all I can offer is an apology.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
You've always brought a positive and fun attitude to the forum. I for one hope you continue to post here rather than be a silent viewer. And I respect you for be willing to stand up for what you believe in and speak about it openly here.

Thank you Sir, I always try to respect the opinions of others. I have learned so much from this forum and the great people on it. This was the First Forum I joined when I bought my JK, actually let me correct that, I initally started on Eddie's original forum Project-JK. I always tried to stay away from these types of discussions and only contribute when I could to people asking questions about their Jeeps and I had personal experience with. Thank you again.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thank you Sir, I always try to respect the opinions of others. I have learned so much from this forum and the great people on it. This was the First Forum I joined when I bought my JK, actually let me correct that, I initally started on Eddie's original forum Project-JK. I always tried to stay away from these types of discussions and only contribute when I could to people asking questions about their Jeeps and I had personal experience with. Thank you again.

No need to leave. My comments weren’t a direct shot at you as much as they were a question. Everyone’s opinion of disability is different. You have it, you’ve gone through shit and made it out, you’re happy with your life. That’s all that matters. It’s not worth getting that worked up over. No hard feelings or I’ll will toward you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, enough is enough.

As most of you know, I NEVER get involved in threads like this and my only post in it was made yesterday and to try to show how stupid it is. Back in the day, I actually had a rule that prohibited political or religious discussion and mainly because they are toxic black holes that only serve to bring out the worst in people, especially when they're behind a computer screen. I started this forum to be a place on the internet where I could get away from all the shit that's constantly in my face whether I like it or not and do what I love most, talk about JEEPS! Believe me, if I wanted to hear a bunch of people tell me how right they are, I'd turn on cable news or go to church.

With that said, I am NOT going to close this thread or say that you can't talk about politics or religion but I will ask that you please take a step back, take a deep breath and remember why you're here. If you really think you can change someone else's mind and make them think like you, may I suggest Facebook, Instagram or the like. They have a MUCH larger audience. Good luck to you. :yup:

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Okay, enough is enough.

As most of you know, I NEVER get involved in threads like this and my only post in it was made yesterday and to try to show how stupid it is. Back in the day, I actually had a rule that prohibited political or religious discussion and mainly because they are toxic black holes that only serve to bring out the worst in people, especially when they're behind a computer screen. I started this forum to be a place on the internet where I could get away from all the shit that's constantly in my face whether I like it or not and do what I love most, talk about JEEPS! Believe me, if I wanted to hear a bunch of people tell me how right they are, I'd turn on cable news or go to church.

With that said, I am NOT going to close this thread or say that you can't talk about politics or religion but I will ask that you please take a step back, take a deep breath and remember why you're here. If you really think you can change someone else's mind and make them think like you, may I suggest Facebook, Instagram or the like. They have a MUCH larger audience. Good luck to you. :yup:

Thank you... :thumb:

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
No need to leave. My comments weren’t a direct shot at you as much as they were a question. Everyone’s opinion of disability is different. You have it, you’ve gone through shit and made it out, you’re happy with your life. That’s all that matters. It’s not worth getting that worked up over. No hard feelings or I’ll will toward you.

Thank you OverlanderJK, I have always apperciated your knowledge and advice on Jeeps and such. No hard feelings and God Bless you and your family.

Top Bottom