VIDEO : A FAR BETTER TRACK BAR - Synergy Adjustable Front Track Bar INSTALLATION

Noble Woodsman

Your timing is perfect for this video. I had already decided on installing the synergy LA for my JK and was planning to go with a synergy track bar. Love the on-vehicle adjustability, and I've heard the DDBs help with NVH vs. johnny joints. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Now i just need to save up some coin...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like this and no maintenance is a bonus. wonder if the bonded layers of urethane squeak like the regular polyurethane bushings.

It's time to replace the JK stock track bar or bushings, I'm tired oh hearing them squeak like hell when cold.

So far so good from what I've seen. No squeaking what so ever.

I put Synergys track bar on my JK a few months back... Nice bar... I didn’t get the fancy bushing though. [emoji22]

LOL - I'm sure what you have is still a good track bar :)

Beefy looking track bar. I do have a related question. Are raised front track-bar mounts and flipped drag links a thing of the past, as in, not really needed on the JL? If not, is a flipped drag link something you see in the future?

With over 3.5" of lift, I would still recommend a drag link flip and track bar relocation. Currently, I have my JL set at about 3" of lift.

Synergy DL is flippable & they are getting ready to release a raised track bar bracket. Steermarts already has a raised track bar bracket available but they don't have the best rep around here.

To be fair, SteerSmart doesn't have a good rep her for a good reason and really, it's all they're own doing. Plus, after seeing their lame ass TRE break on the Rubicon, there's no way I'd be running their stuff.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your timing is perfect for this video. I had already decided on installing the synergy LA for my JK and was planning to go with a synergy track bar. Love the on-vehicle adjustability, and I've heard the DDBs help with NVH vs. johnny joints. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Now i just need to save up some coin...

Awesome! Glad we could share this with you :)

Ddays

Hooked
I'm thinking of swapping the factory TB & DL with these Synergy pieces along with installing their sector shaft and TB brace. While I'm not experiencing death wobble, I've never been happy
with the shudders I get in the front end when hitting bumps in the road. Really, it's my only complaint with my JL. Thanks for the write-up! :thumb:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
As Eddie mentioned there should be no squeaking with this style of bushing. :)

I like this and no maintenance is a bonus. wonder if the bonded layers of urethane squeak like the regular polyurethane bushings.

It's time to replace the JK stock track bar or bushings, I'm tired oh hearing them squeak like hell when cold.

Exodus 4x4

I'm thinking of swapping the factory TB & DL with these Synergy pieces along with installing their sector shaft and TB brace. While I'm not experiencing death wobble, I've never been happy
with the shudders I get in the front end when hitting bumps in the road. Really, it's my only complaint with my JL. Thanks for the write-up! :thumb:

On the JL? I think I can make you a deal on that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Thank you for the video...Synergy makes solid, quality products...I have several of their tb's, tr's and braces on my jeeps...

DMF

Love your installation videos. So easy to follow along. Are you guys going to do a trackbar brace on your JL?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yeah, the JL isn't exactly the tightest when it comes to the front end. Was never really thrilled with the OE components.

As Eddie mentioned there should be no squeaking with this style of bushing. :)

Yup, still running a Rancho rear track bar and it's quite as can be. The new DDBs are pretty amazing.

Love your installation videos. So easy to follow along. Are you guys going to do a trackbar brace on your JL?

Yup. That video should be coming soon. :yup:

Love the video... keep em coming... you make it look soo easy. I'm almost a lvl 2 youtube mechanic certified for my JKU!! These videos are a great resource.

I definitely need to rethink my front end arms. Synergy stuff looks solid and has a great rep.

I see how hard those guys wheel in your trip videos without breaking everything.... that speaks volumes.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Thanks for the video! What’s the difference between this new style joint and the joints on the evo trackbar?

Edit: or was that an evo trackbar you pulled? [emoji848]

CalSgt

Hooked
Thanks for the video! What’s the difference between this new style joint and the joints on the evo trackbar?

Edit: or was that an evo trackbar you pulled? [emoji848]

I have the EVO TB & the bushings seem to be same design as stock bushings. I haven't compared the stock to the EVO bushings for size difference but design is a bonded rubber at the axle side and a spherical joint at the frame side.

benatc1

Hooked
Seems like a great product, looking fwd to seeing longevity of the bushings but I know synergy makes some great stuff so I'm guessing they'll hold up well!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom