What problems does your Jeep have this week?

My Fortin remote start seems to be interfering with JScan receiving data from the JK.

Not sure if it's actually the fortin, or the Bluetooth module at this point. Haven't started troubleshooting.

But, the reason I found this is my intermittent CEL is back. Assuming it's the PCM and O2 sensor... Again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
It was both on high [emoji1303]

Edit: here it goes.

3.6L V6 Thermostat Housing Replacement

I’m not going to say i followed those instruction to a t, but I think I was pretty close. Changing the water temp sensor I thought was slightly more difficult only because of location. Either way, topped off coolant (yes mopar OAT) and burped. Check engine light shut off in the 40-42 mile range.
Honestly, I have plenty of coolant. I should have just done a full flush. I’ll have to get around to that another time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_5358.jpg

Learned a lesson today. Spring for the synthetic gear lube. It’s like trying to pour molasses when the conventional gets cold. Probably took me 45 minutes to fill one diff trying to contort the bottle squeeze and aim. Topped it off when I was finished working on it tonight with an open bottle of synthetic I had laying around and poured like water. Live and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jsouder53

Hooked
The other day, I hit a puddle of slush and instantly started to get a chirping noise. An unbelievably annoying and embarrassing noise when you’re going slower especially in parking lots [emoji51] the noise ranges with speed. I greased the front driveshaft and wherever I thought the noise might be coming from but it is still there. Had the wife drive back and forth in the driveway and it sounds like it’s coming from the front driveshaft and transfer case (I originally thought it was the driver side wheel end). So sounds like I’ll be lathering more grease up there tomorrow...

wjtstudios

Hooked
The other day, I hit a puddle of slush and instantly started to get a chirping noise. An unbelievably annoying and embarrassing noise when you’re going slower especially in parking lots [emoji51] the noise ranges with speed. I greased the front driveshaft and wherever I thought the noise might be coming from but it is still there. Had the wife drive back and forth in the driveway and it sounds like it’s coming from the front driveshaft and transfer case (I originally thought it was the driver side wheel end). So sounds like I’ll be lathering more grease up there tomorrow...

Have you upgraded your front DS? If so, it’s your double cardan joint seizing up and needs to be greased and probably rebuilt.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked
Have you upgraded your front DS? If so, it’s your double cardan joint seizing up and needs to be greased and probably rebuilt.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I have upgraded it and I was afraid of that. I’ll hit it with more grease tomorrow and look into a shop around here.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Yeah, it sucks. Sounds like a pack of angry squirrels under there.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Lol it sure does.
I sure hope it will be fine for a little while, after this snowstorm tomorrow I’ll pull it off and hopefully this shop down the road from me rebuilds them... (just sent them an email)

wjtstudios

Hooked
Lol it sure does.
I sure hope it will be fine for a little while, after this snowstorm tomorrow I’ll pull it off and hopefully this shop down the road from me rebuilds them... (just sent them an email)

Mine was a non greaseable joint and when it failed I had it replace with one that was. Now i grease it at every oil change.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked
Mine was a non greaseable joint and when it failed I had it replace with one that was. Now i grease it at every oil change.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’m not as good about greasing as I should be... I’m certainly going to try and grease more often! What was the cost of them rebuilding it?

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m not as good about greasing as I should be... I’m certainly going to try and grease more often! What was the cost of them rebuilding it?

It’s been a year, but to replace and rebalance mine was like $150 I think.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked
It’s been a year, but to replace and rebalance mine was like $150 I think.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Oh that’s not bad! I was expecting worse [emoji23] I sure hope the cost isn’t much different here. I know regearing cost is outrageous, so hopefully that doesn’t reflect with this as well.

nbunga

Caught the Bug

Could it possibly be one of your engine pulleys. My tensioner pulley would chirp for a couple days whenever I got the underbody wash at the car wash. Finally swapped it out when it kept doing all the time.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Could it possibly be one of your engine pulleys. My tensioner pulley would chirp for a couple days whenever I got the underbody wash at the car wash. Finally swapped it out when it kept doing all the time.

That’s what I was gonna guess. Especially since it happened after hitting icy water.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked

That’s what I was gonna guess. Especially since it happened after hitting icy water.

I thought about that, but the chirping gets faster as I accelerate and slows to a stop as I brake. Also, I had my wife drive back and forth in the driveway and the noise is coming from near the transfer case/driveshaft.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked

When mine when, it was the same set of circumstances. Beginning of winter and a whole bunch of saltwater pools all over the roads.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom