Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Congrats on phase 1 it's good to have phases on building a Jeep makes it fun and something to look forward to every time
😀

Napalm

Subscribed

Thanks!

Congrats on phase 1 it's good to have phases on building a Jeep makes it fun and something to look forward to every time
😀

It does. And honestly I never thought I would finish that phase. Even though it went in several directions, I'm glad we made it to the finish line on this phase.

Plus, having a winch is awesome!

Napalm

Gotta love that. Driving our Pierce Tower is the best feeling in the world. haha :rock:

And congrats on finishing phase one. Always a good feeling.

It is an awesome feeling, especially running code. It is quite the traffic stopper! Unfortunately It was just a step up position for one shift, today I'm back on my regular rotation between Engine/Ambulance with today being my box day...

Jackal01

It is an awesome feeling, especially running code. It is quite the traffic stopper! Unfortunately It was just a step up position for one shift, today I'm back on my regular rotation between Engine/Ambulance with today being my box day...

Ah. At least you do get to drive the pumper.

Props to you for riding the box...I am glad we don't run EMS. I couldn't handle the abuse of 911 down here. Hats off to you, man.

Napalm

Ah. At least you do get to drive the pumper.

Props to you for riding the box...I am glad we don't run EMS. I couldn't handle the abuse of 911 down here. Hats off to you, man.

Thank you sir. I actually finished up my Paramedic and was working as a paramedic for private ambulance companies before I wised up and decided I needed to go Fire to make a career out of it. I've always had a natural ability to put up with(LoL) the ambulance and medical side of it.

My dad was a fireman though, and the complete opposite. He didn't want anything to do with the box!

Jackal01

Thank you sir. I actually finished up my Paramedic and was working as a paramedic for private ambulance companies before I wised up and decided I needed to go Fire to make a career out of it. I've always had a natural ability to put up with(LoL) the ambulance and medical side of it.

My dad was a fireman though, and the complete opposite. He didn't want anything to do with the box!

I agree with that. If I were to go professional I would go get my EMTP and make bank but not for Houston FD...new guys are stuck on the box for years. I would go to a small dept.

But, I enjoy being a Fire Marshal as my career and volunteer FD on the side. Although our dept is slowly moving to fully staffed/paid. We have 4 stations, and 2 are staffed by duty crew during the day. Then at night and weekend, 2 stations are staffed by us "volunteers" (we get a stipend for every 12 hours on duty). We have some changes within the white shirts and it looks like I may be a shoo-in for our Assistant Fire Marshal slot. The spot isn't full time but for every 12 hours we are on duty in FM staff truck we get a stipend while at home. Pretty sweet gig for being a volunteer in a combo dept.

JK BLK

Lookin' Awesome, Napalm!!

I'm keeping up with your build and wanted to make sure I've got this right. You're running the EVO Level kit with Rubicon springs in the rear and Synergy spacers on the EVO coils in the front? If that's it, it has a great stance to it. Congrats on getting through your first goal!

Napalm

I agree with that. If I were to go professional I would go get my EMTP and make bank but not for Houston FD...new guys are stuck on the box for years. I would go to a small dept.

But, I enjoy being a Fire Marshal as my career and volunteer FD on the side. Although our dept is slowly moving to fully staffed/paid. We have 4 stations, and 2 are staffed by duty crew during the day. Then at night and weekend, 2 stations are staffed by us "volunteers" (we get a stipend for every 12 hours on duty). We have some changes within the white shirts and it looks like I may be a shoo-in for our Assistant Fire Marshal slot. The spot isn't full time but for every 12 hours we are on duty in FM staff truck we get a stipend while at home. Pretty sweet gig for being a volunteer in a combo dept.

That is a sweet combo. And I understand what you mean, I've never been big on big city departments. I like the feel of the smaller depts because it's more of a family feel.

Glad you putting those shocks to work. I see you rocking a hard-top again, is a lot cooler inside during the Texas summer for sure.

I'm not really sure what made me want to switch back. I do like the look of it a lot better and the functionality, plus the wife loves it and believes it be safer. Now just to build a hoist to pull it off!

Napalm

Lookin' Awesome, Napalm!!

I'm keeping up with your build and wanted to make sure I've got this right. You're running the EVO Level kit with Rubicon springs in the rear and Synergy spacers on the EVO coils in the front? If that's it, it has a great stance to it. Congrats on getting through your first goal!

Yes.

Rubicon Rear Springs plus 3/4 EVO Coil Spacers in the rear
EVO Plush Ride 2 inch coils in the front
Synergy 3/4 coil spacers
Rubicon Shocks

I'm not exactly sure what is the exact lift amount. But I'd say about 2 inches in the front and an inch in the rear.

But thank you. My next phase will be a lot of small things so hopefully it'll be a quick one.

Napalm

Still waiting on my Jog plate from EVO so I can mount up my Roller fairlead!

Next project will be to build a garage roof storage with ratchet straps to hoist off my new hardtop.

KalebD

Hope that jog plate comes in monday! I'd have a hard time not tackling the UPS guy when he drives by lol

Top Bottom