WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
How is the sound around town and at highway speed?

Awesome. Thanks again for suggesting this one. It sounds a little louder than stock, but just a much deeper tone. The wife and I drove around in it about 50 miles on Friday in town and highway. We both agreed it's not obnoxious or cumbersome at all, very clean sound. And I'm running Herculiner inside, no carpet. Love the sound and love the new clearance.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
:beer::beer:
Nice!!! You know I was a bit worried glad it worked out.

Awesome. Thanks again for suggesting this one. It sounds a little louder than stock, but just a much deeper tone. The wife and I drove around in it about 50 miles on Friday in town and highway. We both agreed it's not obnoxious or cumbersome at all, very clean sound. And I'm running Herculiner inside, no carpet. Love the sound and love the new clearance.

WJCO

Meme King
Another intermittent noise, but this one was easy to find. The new axle brackets are significantly larger than the OEM ones, so my new control arms that curve in for tire clearance are slightly rubbing on the right side bracket. It's hard to see in the photo, so I drew some small lines so you can see where the edge of the bracket is. Somewhere during flexing, it's hitting there. I'll plasma the bracket later today hopefully. Driver's side doesn't seem to be rubbing.

View attachment 240407

View attachment 240408

And here's a drawing pic showing about where the new brackets are compared to OEM.

View attachment 240409

Cut the bracket. Plasma ain't pretty but sure does the job quickly.

IMG_20170125_152329_046.jpg

IMG_20170125_152401_729.jpg

IMG_20170125_152518_117.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
About to say "Where was the invite??!!"
The I remembered we spoke earlier and my son had basketball and picked up a skateboarding class

:beer:

Next time for sure. I dragged the exhaust many times on the white stuff today and it's still pretty looking and in one piece :beer:

WJCO

Meme King
My old bottle jack has been sticking. So got a new jack and decided to finish this project that I've been putting off for about a year.

Last edited:
Very cool. The fitment of that welded attachment, where do you plan on jacking from? Looks fitted to the axle housing itself. That turned out nice.

WJCO

Meme King
Nice! That's on my long term list as well. Great job on that custom fab

Thanks. I have enough steel for one more. If you want to head up this way sometime, we could build it in about 10 minutes. I was going to use the perch for bump pads on my axle but didn't need to. The ID of the steel pipe is 1.5" so just see if your jack will fit in that.

Very cool. The fitment of that welded attachment, where do you plan on jacking from? Looks fitted to the axle housing itself. That turned out nice.

Thanks. It is for the axle tube, just a sturdier lifting surface so the axle couldn't roll off the jack.

Nice use of a leaf spring perch. :beer:

Thanks.

GraniteCrystal

Thanks. I have enough steel for one more. If you want to head up this way sometime, we could build it in about 10 minutes. I was going to use the perch for bump pads on my axle but didn't need to. The ID of the steel pipe is 1.5" so just see if your jack will fit in that.

Thanks. It is for the axle tube, just a sturdier lifting surface so the axle couldn't roll off the jack.

Thanks.
Thanks man. Very tempting. Go ahead and use it of you need it. If you still have it by the time I get around to this, I'll take you up on it.

Top Bottom