Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

wjtstudios

Hooked
It is a 2500, the 3500 is a beast and if I can remember correctly the Aisin transmission was a $5-6k upgrade. I use a featherlite aluminum car hauler trailer to tow my rig and it pulls like a dream.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

They’re both beasts! I’m just going to invest once, the 2500 with a gooseneck could pull them both, but it’s close. The 3500 gives that extra capacity to tow both rigs through the mountains with out batting an eye at it.

Hilop

Caught the Bug
Here’s my baby, 06 F250 with a bulletproofed 6.0. at TDS. She’s been a great truck despite the reputation of the 6.0.

Attachments

• 7861A415-2110-4E2F-B5A9-25C4EF25F053.jpg
    7861A415-2110-4E2F-B5A9-25C4EF25F053.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 144

tippedover

Just go my first duramax! Just picked up a 2016 with 20k miles on it pretty pumped to have it to pull the jeep. Being in the military I tend to live far from the good trails so figured it would be a good investment for the jeep. That said wondering what everyone recommends trailer wise?
Looks like $4k will get you a good trailer I was looking at getting a trailer with drive over fenders, and 84 inches wide and 20 feet long. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on trailers? Do’s, don’t or anything I’m not thinking of that I should think about with a trailer? IMG_2035.JPG

JKbrick

Just go my first duramax! Just picked up a 2016 with 20k miles on it pretty pumped to have it to pull the jeep. Being in the military I tend to live far from the good trails so figured it would be a good investment for the jeep. That said wondering what everyone recommends trailer wise?
Looks like $4k will get you a good trailer I was looking at getting a trailer with drive over fenders, and 84 inches wide and 20 feet long. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on trailers? Do’s, don’t or anything I’m not thinking of that I should think about with a trailer? View attachment 298380

Nice truck! Look into a gooseneck trailer, I hear they pull better than bumper pull trailers

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Looks like $4k will get you a good trailer I was looking at getting a trailer with drive over fenders, and 84 inches wide and 20 feet long. Was wondering if anyone has any advice on trailers? Do’s, don’t or anything I’m not thinking of that I should think about with a trailer? View attachment 298380

Great looking truck! Congrats! I would second the gooseneck suggestion

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

Great looking truck[emoji106] Congrats

ob_tj

IMG_0396.jpg our pick up truck finally got to tow something!! As much as it pained me to do it I trailered my TJ our to moab. With the JKUR build finishing just days before we left I didn’t have the time to give the old girl the love she would need to make the drive out!

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug

Really sharp looking truck, congrats[emoji106] [emoji106]

Eagle1911

Go with a goose neck deck over. I have a 20 foot bumper pull that is 102" wide and rated at 10400 gross weight. I had 5200 lb axles installed for the extra capacity. Great trailer, but the last 2 times I have pulled it with my JK on it, I have blown 2 tires and had another go flat. I could blame the roads between Texas and Maryland, as each time I was headed east between Memphis and Nashville. Some really bad roads in east Arkansas. My reasons are most bumper pulls have a smaller frame, but the big drawback is that 99% of them use a 15" or smaller tire. I have yet to find a tire over load range E which is 10 plys. With a goose neck deck over, you can get 16 inch or larger tires which provide a multitude of tires in a heavier load range. And the gooseneck trailer pull so nice. You won't even know it is there.

Nice looking rig and thanks for your service!!

tippedover

Go with a goose neck deck over. I have a 20 foot bumper pull that is 102" wide and rated at 10400 gross weight. I had 5200 lb axles installed for the extra capacity. Great trailer, but the last 2 times I have pulled it with my JK on it, I have blown 2 tires and had another go flat. I could blame the roads between Texas and Maryland, as each time I was headed east between Memphis and Nashville. Some really bad roads in east Arkansas. My reasons are most bumper pulls have a smaller frame, but the big drawback is that 99% of them use a 15" or smaller tire. I have yet to find a tire over load range E which is 10 plys. With a goose neck deck over, you can get 16 inch or larger tires which provide a multitude of tires in a heavier load range. And the gooseneck trailer pull so nice. You won't even know it is there.

Nice looking rig and thanks for your service!!

Thanks for the advice man! Just have to save a little more for the goose but all good!

John82601

I flat towed with my 2001 F150 for a number of years and it did great. Got to be a bit much though going up and down the mountains with the camper in the back AND the YJ on behind. Over the winter I picked up a 2009 F350 V10 from a friend of a friend. Truck has just over 100k on it and was babied it's whole life. Now I just need to freshen up my car trailer and get a bigger camper ;)

IMAG0434.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

40403665_1891510254218693_348650820725637120_n.jpg

Last edited:

jeffj

Caught the Bug

I would get a bumper pull trailer for that amount of weight. With that truck, it would pull like a dream. I got a PJ buggy hauler with 2 7k axels. Just got back from Moab and I live in the east, I could travel any speed with confidence. For me it’s nice to keep your bed open for gear. Nice truck!

Hilop

Caught the Bug
I flat towed with my 2001 F150 for a number of years and it did great. Got to be a bit much though going up and down the mountains with the camper in the back AND the YJ on behind. Over the winter I picked up a 2009 F350 V10 from a friend of a friend. Truck has just over 100k on it and was babied it's whole life. Now I just need to freshen up my car trailer and get a bigger camper ;)

View attachment 299909

View attachment 299910

Nice! I towed with my 03 F150 Supercrew for years trouble free and recently sold her with 200k on the ODO.

sourdough

old and gray

tiger tow vehicle.jpg
Didn't originally purchase this Tiger RV with towing a Wrangler in mind. Self contained boondocking was my thought and it has worked well for the last several years and 50,000 smiles. Truck is a Ram 3500HD with a Cummins 6.7, 6 Spd. manual and 4 wheel drive. Last week I ordered a JLR as a tow'd. Looking forward to another couple years before the end of the line.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMVjToYOjbM

Top Bottom