Welcome to the Tow Rig Forum!

98XJ06LJ

Sold the old tow rig and bought this one. Going to try my luck with a Duramax for a change. I've always been a Cummins guy but got tied of constantly fighting front end issues and transmission problems. Does anyone have good or bad things to say about Duramax/Allison combo? Just wondering what I have to look forward to.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_20170911_194152110.jpg
    IMG_20170911_194152110.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 229

JKbrick

Sold the old tow rig and bought this one. Going to try my luck with a Duramax for a change. I've always been a Cummins guy but got tied of constantly fighting front end issues and transmission problems. Does anyone have good or bad things to say about Duramax/Allison combo? Just wondering what I have to look forward to.

Had an 07 LBZ with an Allison and loved it. Never had 1 thing go wrong with it. Wish my Cummins now had an Allison

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

6.4 Hemi JK

I have a 2015 Chevy duramax i bought new and now has 70k miles and have towed everything from travel trailers to gooseneck trailers with my jeep on it and it has not let me down .. you will enjoy the more comfortable ride as an added bonus ....
great choice ....

JKbrick

I have a 2015 Chevy duramax i bought new and now has 70k miles and have towed everything from travel trailers to gooseneck trailers with my jeep on it and it has not let me down .. you will enjoy the more comfortable ride as an added bonus ....
great choice ....

My new Ram rides better than my Chevy HD ever did, it has coils front and rear, it's like the jeep but hugely

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
My new Ram rides better than my Chevy HD ever did, it has coils front and rear, it's like the jeep but hugely

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

A lifted GM IFS rides & handles great! ... but you have to rebuild it every 3,000 miles... Lol. My next truck will be a Solid Axle for sure. A Cummins/Allison, GM body, GM interior, Ford Suspension & Axles would be my perfect truck.

98XJ06LJ

I've heard good things about the GM Duramax/ Allison combo and that is why I went this route. Glad to here it looks like I will hopefully not have any issues. Haven't pulled either of the Jeeps yet but I pulled my 5th wheel and it got better mileage than my Dodge and is a smooth ride. Again, thanks for the advice, keep the thread going. Great topic

Randy Tadevich

Nice tow rigs you guys. I'm extremely jealous. Some day. Maybe a silly question for some, but i really dont know anything about trucks. Whats the advantage with a dually? Is it more towing weight ability? Duallys look pretty cool i think.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Just a half ton with a Hemi. Fortunately, I just have a little CJ5 now. I don't know how well the Ram would have done with the JK, but it pulls the CJ really easy (like its not even there) with a tow bar. I'm sure it still will when I get a trailer down the line. I love this truck as a daily and for traveling. It will make for a comfy ride to Moab etc. when I get that far on the resto.

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0341.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Just picked this up over the weekend. Wife and I have been looking at travel trailers for a while but plans changed after she went horseback riding with her sis a couple times. We ended up with another horse :)doh:)
and we are now looking at 3 horse trailers with living space. So, the Jeep sure as shit ain't hauling that combo anywhere. Found this used 2017 F250 Lariat on my buddy's lot with under 4000 miles on it Black Friday. We got the gas version and this one is pretty well loaded. Our combo really won't warrant the diesel and the added cost associated with it. Plus this will end up being a daily driver when the ol Durango finally dies. So, yaay, something else to customize but damn, I thought Jeep parts were expensive! :shock:

F250.jpg

1124171714.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just picked this up over the weekend. Wife and I have been looking at travel trailers for a while but plans changed after she went horseback riding with her sis a couple times. We ended up with another horse :)doh:)
and we are now looking at 3 horse trailers with living space. So, the Jeep sure as shit ain't hauling that combo anywhere. Found this used 2017 F250 Lariat on my buddy's lot with under 4000 miles on it Black Friday. We got the gas version and this one is pretty well loaded. Our combo really won't warrant the diesel and the added cost associated with it. Plus this will end up being a daily driver when the ol Durango finally dies. So, yaay, something else to customize but damn, I thought Jeep parts were expensive! :shock:

Nice truck! Congrats to you :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King

Nice. Congrats. What engine is in it?

Houndy95

Nice looking truck, congrats!

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

View attachment 284135

View attachment 284136

Nice truck, Congrats !

jeffj

Caught the Bug

View attachment 284135

View attachment 284136

Nice truck Jerry! Those aren't like the old super duties. :usa-flag:

Top Bottom