Exodus Jeeps Gladiator

jdofmemi

Thanks man. Every honest Jeep owner knows the build is never complete. I thought I was close with the JK and then wouldn’t you know, I’ve decided I want more horsepower. I’m also toying with the idea of gutting it and dropping a 4L80 behind it instead of the 6L80.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Why would you want a 4 speed instead of a 6 speed?

Seems like most people would rather go the other way, but I'm sure you either have a reason, or it was a typo.

jesse3638

Hooked
Those are hideous. If you were here right now I’d slap the shit out of you lol

Is that a threat or a promise...haha?

True. Tahoe, Cambria, and SLO were beautiful. I’m afraid we don’t really have any “good parts” left in Texas.

Surprised you didn't run into any in SLO. Unfortunately they mostly reside in LA and San Francisco and decide shit for everyone. There is a lot more to the state than those two cities. If you ever make it to the far north like Susanville or Alturas you'll feel like you're not even in the state anymore.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
Is that a threat or a promise...haha?

Surprised you didn't run into any in SLO. Unfortunately they mostly reside in LA and San Francisco and decide shit for everyone. There is a lot more to the state than those two cities. If you ever make it to the far north like Susanville or Alturas you'll feel like you're not even in the state anymore.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app
So true!

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Well if you’re planning on getting a set a Spicer UD60’s for your build, my opinion is to look somewhere else. As beefy as they seem they didn’t seem to hold up long on our first outing. Somehow we managed to break one the massive 1550 u-joints on the front drivers side. No big deal, we’ll just get it warrantied right? Wrong. I contacted Spicer first thing Monday morning and sent the warranty dept pics of the damage. I almost immediately knew they weren’t going to warranty it because the guy said he would look at the pics and determine whether or not the break would be covered under warranty. Fuck it, I’ll just buy the damn things and put them in. Part number says the whole assembly is like $265 for shafts and u-joint. Then said it will take 93 days to build them and get them out.... Yes, you are reading that correctly. 93 days. One more time so you don’t think I’m fat fingering this more than once: 93 days. I’ve always said that products are only as good as what happens after the sale and I’ll be the first to say I’d rather have paid more for Dynatracs at this point. It would’ve taken longer to get them but I guarantee they would’ve taken care of this break and shipped us shafts Monday afternoon. Total fucking disappointment in not just the product but the service I’ve received in the last few days. IMG_5093.jpg IMG_5094.jpg IMG_5090.jpg IMG_5091.jpg IMG_5089.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Holy shit! Can't believe that broke like it did. What the hell kind of shitty warranty doesn't cover a brand new part breaking like that? :grayno:

**note to self - scratch rear UD60 off of list to get pricing from Bubba on**

Exodus 4x4

Holy shit! Can't believe that broke like it did. What the hell kind of shitty warranty doesn't cover a brand new part breaking like that? :grayno:

**note to self - scratch rear UD60 off of list to get pricing from Bubba on**

It was the front drivers side axle assembly but yeah, total bullshit if you ask me. I’ve had 1350 u-joints in way worse situations and not broke them. The rep said that it’s obvious the break was caused during a free spin and then suddenly gained traction!!! Ummm, not even close pal. We tried climbing a rock and the piece of shit snapped.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Holy crap that’s shitty. Well if it’s gonna be 93 days, might as well order a few extras because it might happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Brute

Hooked
That totally sucks...you can get a whole axle in a week, but a replacement part for it takes three months?...

Exodus 4x4

That totally sucks...you can get a whole axle in a week, but a replacement part for it takes three months?...

It’s laughable. Since I can’t buy direct from Spicer my distributor offered to send me a replacement axle today but since I’ve already welded a bracket on for the steering assist, I can’t really return the housing.

Ddays

Hooked
It’s laughable. Since I can’t buy direct from Spicer my distributor offered to send me a replacement axle today but since I’ve already welded a bracket on for the steering assist, I can’t really return the housing.

Swipe the bad shaft out with the one in the new axle and then put the replacement one back in when it gets to you in 93 days ;)

Top Bottom