JL manual trans

Jeeper125

Can’t speak on the jl 8 speed auto but the jl 6 speed is considerably better thank the jk 6 speed, the jl is a lot less notchy and is a much smoother and faster shift. Only had the jl for 1000 miles so we will see how it holds up but much easier to shift than the jk imo

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeeper125

Can’t speak on the jl 8 speed auto but the jl 6 speed is considerably better than the jk 6 speed, the jl is a lot less notchy and is a much smoother and faster shift. Only had the jl for 1000 miles so we will see how it holds up but much easier to shift than the jk. Also the jl shifts WAY better in the cold, the jk always has a hard time with second gear in the cold and the jl does not seem to have that problem.

jesse3638

Hooked
Can’t speak on the jl 8 speed auto but the jl 6 speed is considerably better than the jk 6 speed, the jl is a lot less notchy and is a much smoother and faster shift. Only had the jl for 1000 miles so we will see how it holds up but much easier to shift than the jk. Also the jl shifts WAY better in the cold, the jk always has a hard time with second gear in the cold and the jl does not seem to have that problem.

Yeah I do notice this. 2nd is far from smooth when it's cold.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
Try eating a soft serve ice cream cone from McDonalds..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Day or so had passed when I popped the clutch
gave the tranny a spin and slid on into
The Stinky Pinky Gulp N' Guzzle Big Rig Snooze-A-Stop
There I was browsin' through the latest issue of "Throb"
when I saw Bambi starin' at me from the back of a milk carton
Well, my heart just dropped
So, I decided to do what any good Christian would
You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice
and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five
in a lifted Wrangler
I never thought missing children could be so sexy
Did I say that out loud?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqRkgmAkL4s

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I’m torn as well on the Gladiator. I love manual jeeps. I also know the new Auto will smoke the standard in a Race.

I still haven’t decided.

Rockywoolf

manual vs auto

Hill climbs are one of the only areas i can think of where an automatic is better......

I am really enjoying my manual trans

jesse3638

Hooked
Hill climbs are one of the only areas i can think of where an automatic is better......

I am really enjoying my manual trans

Traffic?

I have a manual JKUR and have never had much problems in either scenario. I'd assume like the JK, the JL comes with hill start assist so you don't roll back for a few seconds. It's kind of weird and I still have not decided if I like it or not and I've been driving it for 7+ years...haha. In traffic you just drive like a trucker instead of a CA asshole and its not bad...;)

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I have a manual JKUR and have never had much problems in either scenario. I'd assume like the JK, the JL comes with hill start assist so you don't roll back for a few seconds. It's kind of weird and I still have not decided if I like it or not and I've been driving it for 7+ years...haha. In traffic you just drive like a trucker instead of A ASSHOLE and its not bad...;)

Fixed it for 'ya. Lmao

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Shantz

My TJ was a stick, my JK was a stick, my JL is a stick, and when I get the JT... that too will be a stick. I feel it's sacrilegious to have an automatic Jeep.

On The Trail Comment... sent via Morse Code

Top Bottom