Some MOD has deleted a bunch of post and altered the rest

GraniteCrystal

How do we solve this issue as a community? Here is how it plays out:
1) dude who doesn't care and has post count of 1 posts something for sale
2) people tell him what he did wrong
3) he stirs the pot a bit so his for sale thread is at the top of the feed all day because people keep replying
4) this works in his advantage because he finds a buyer (probably some other dude with a post count of 1)
5) he walks away smuggly, having sold his goods

Is there an alternate way to deal with this? Edit out the details of what he's selling so people don't PM him and buy it? Put a filter on the "New thread" button so it's not even an option unless your post count is over 100? Just brainstorming because at the end of the day, regardless of what else is said, this guy walked in, used our forum for his purposes successfully, and will walk back out.

JamesCo

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee for sale. Great vehicle with.....

Oh, wait, I already sold this and it only took a week to do so on Craigslist last month.

Hmmm? Why wasn't it EVER posted up on Wayalife? We'll probably although I have been a member for a short time and have a few post, by no means would I say I contribute much to the forum. Oh, and I've actually spent time reading lots of others post about selling shit and who have been directed to the rules dept. Kinda funny how I've never read the rules but I knew not to post up shit for sale here.

Well maybe it's because I have this thing called respect for others and that when I do finally buy a Jeep to wheel with I'd like to still be welcomed here!![emoji3][emoji848]

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Ddays

Hooked
3) he stirs the pot a bit so his for sale thread is at the top of the feed all day because people keep replying
4) this works in his advantage because he finds a buyer (probably some other dude with a post count of 1)

Is there an alternate way to deal with this? Edit out the details of what he's selling so people don't PM him and buy it? Put a filter on the "New thread" button so it's not even an option unless your post count is over 100? Just brainstorming because at the end of the day, regardless of what else is said, this guy walked in, used our forum for his purposes successfully, and will walk back out.

Unfortunately, when it's all said & done you just can't fix stupid. And I don't believe he sold the hood here. Just another little poke at everyone.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Oh, wait, I already sold this and it only took a week to do so on Craigslist last month.

Hmmm? Why wasn't it EVER posted up on Wayalife? We'll probably although I have been a member for a short time and have a few post, by no means would I say I contribute much to the forum. Oh, and I've actually spent time reading lots of others post about selling shit and who have been directed to the rules dept. Kinda funny how I've never read the rules but I knew not to post up shit for sale here.

Well maybe it's because I have this thing called respect for others and that when I do finally buy a Jeep to wheel with I'd like to still be welcomed here!![emoji3][emoji848]

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Contributing can consist of just random posts, telling people their build is nice, or starting a post on a vacation you had or something. You don't have to have a kick ass build thread, or posts on how to install something. Just get involved.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Contributing can consist of just random posts, telling people their build is nice, or starting a post on a vacation you had or something. You don't have to have a kick ass build thread, or posts on how to install something. Just get involved.

^^^This^^^

This is why you'll fit in here. Morals and values go a long way. The people who don't understand what you did are the ones who get all pissed when called out.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I think threads like this actually help to scare away a lot of people that shouldn't be posting here, they already know what is going to happen. Also, since the big bold letters ACTIVE MEMBERS ONLY were put up there, it sure seems like a decrease in these threads. We used to get a bunch more.

Gadget

Caught the Bug

That is me right there, no kick ass build thread, no really cool install or great vacation thread, just join in from time to time is all it takes.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug

Really, it doesn't matter if he sold his hood to another troll on WAL or not. At the end of the day, the active members called him out on it and he didn't sell it to any of us. We will be here long after these trolls leave and be better for it. It's their loss, because I think that this place, that we all call home, is a is something special and I'm glad to be a part of it!

Heavyhaul07

I've belonged to a few different forums that have their for sale section locked until you reach a certain amount of posts. Also those same forums you could pay a dollar amount and that would also open the sale section. If your post count didn't match the rules for the for sale section and you payed the money after a year you would have to pay again in order to use the for sale section. That included all of the for sale section i.e. Wanted/for sale and free.

If people only want to come here and buy and sell and not contribute to our home then they can pay to buy and sell.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I've belonged to a few different forums that have their for sale section locked until you reach a certain amount of posts. Also those same forums you could pay a dollar amount and that would also open the sale section. If your post count didn't match the rules for the for sale section and you payed the money after a year you would have to pay again in order to use the for sale section. That included all of the for sale section i.e. Wanted/for sale and free.

If people only want to come here and buy and sell and not contribute to our home then they can pay to buy and sell.

Post counts can be purposely inflated. I've seen people here, give a wave, welcome a bunch of people to Wayalife, start a build thread, then try to sell the Jeep a month later.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! You'll forgive me but some of you make it sound like this is my first rodeo. In spite of what you've chosen to believe, I have tried a myriad of things over the last 20 years and I purposefully do things the way I do now for a reason. I hope you don't take this the wrong way but if I wanted everyone's opinion on how to run my forum, I would ask.

JAGS

Hooked
LOL!! You'll forgive me but some of you make it sound like this is my first rodeo. In spite of what you've chosen to believe, I have tried a myriad of things over the last 20 years and I purposefully do things the way I do now for a reason. I hope you don't take this the wrong way but if I wanted everyone's opinion on how to run my forum, I would ask.

So basically, you don't give a shit. [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23] Lol.

longarmwj

So basically, you don't give a shit. [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23] Lol.

The most successful people in the world simply don't give a shit lol. You don't get a badass forum like this, or collect an array of killer rigs by caring what people think :thumb:

Top Bottom