Moab Trip 11/9-11/13

jesse3638

Hooked
Lisa and I are heading to Moab next Thursday. It's going to be our 1 year anniversary and we can't wait. Plan on doing some of the easy to moderate trails as it'll just be the two of us. Does anyone know of a service which we could use to keep track of us? Basically someone we can check in with to let them know where we're headed and what time we'll should be back. Do hotels there do things like that? I suppose I could check in in here too..haha. Any ideas of things to do, not just Jeeping, were open to. We do plan on revisiting Arches as we rushed last time. We are really excited and can't wait..:).

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Lisa and I are heading to Moab next Thursday. It's going to be our 1 year anniversary and we can't wait. Plan on doing some of the easy to moderate trails as it'll just be the two of us. Does anyone know of a service which we could use to keep track of us? Basically someone we can check in with to let them know where we're headed and what time we'll should be back. Do hotels there do things like that? I suppose I could check in in here too..haha. Any ideas of things to do, not just Jeeping, were open to. We do plan on revisiting Arches as we rushed last time. We are really excited and can't wait..:).

Can’t help with your question, but enjoy the trip man!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

While I'm not part of a service I am only a 4 hour drive away up here in Salt Lake City. You are more than welcome to PM me and I can give you my info to check in. And again, I'm fairly close by if things turn bad. There is an off chance I may be down that way over that weekend anyway.

jesse3638

Hooked
While I'm not part of a service I am only a 4 hour drive away up here in Salt Lake City. You are more than welcome to PM me and I can give you my info to check in. And again, I'm fairly close by if things turn bad. There is an off chance I may be down that way over that weekend anyway.
Awesome. I will do that. I don't plan on doing anything too wild. I'm going to stick to the easy trails. Nothing that I wouldn't do here by myself. That being said anything could still happen then too. I'm doing a full service this weekend and bringing and extra rear drive shaft..haha. I'll probably leave the rear axle shafts at home though..;)

Awesome. I will do that. I don't plan on doing anything too wild. I'm going to stick to the easy trails. Nothing that I wouldn't do here by myself. That being said anything could still happen then too. I'm doing a full service this weekend and bringing and extra rear drive shaft..haha. I'll probably leave the rear axle shafts at home though..;)

Sounds like a good plan. We will be heading down late Friday evening or super early Saturday morning so if you guys would like to meet up we should be in town by 10-11:00 am Saturday. Either way feel free to use me as a back-up in case things go south.

jesse3638

Hooked
Just got home tonight. We had such a great time. Thanks to Casey for having us tag along with him and his dad on Hell's Revenge. Yesterday we did Top of the World and it was absolutely awesome. The trail was a little more difficult than I expected but we made it. While up there we met some folks km ATV's and stayed a bit longer than planned. Ended up finishing the last couple miles of trail in the dark. All in all it was a blast and we can't wait to go back. Lisa has all the pics so I'll try to get some posted up.

Totally missed this thread. Happy anniversary!

They are a little pricey but they are getting better and better every year. Personal locating beacons (Spot, Garmin, DeLorme) all have different capabilities depending on the service contract you sign up with and the unit itself.

I’m happy with my DeLorme Inreach Explorer. It can do exactly what you wanted. It will send either emails or texts or both to preprogrammed contacts and ping your location. You set up the ping intervals or you can manually do it as well as sending messages to keep your peeps informed.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
That’s an awesome trip for an anniversary. Sounds like you got a keeper. My wife and I did our first anniversary in Moab as well. Glad you had a good time. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Just got home tonight. We had such a great time. Thanks to Casey for having us tag along with him and his dad on Hell's Revenge. Yesterday we did Top of the World and it was absolutely awesome. The trail was a little more difficult than I expected but we made it. While up there we met some folks km ATV's and stayed a bit longer than planned. Ended up finishing the last couple miles of trail in the dark. All in all it was a blast and we can't wait to go back. Lisa has all the pics so I'll try to get some posted up.

Thanks again for letting us show you around. It was a blast and we're certainly looking forward to another trip with you guys! Glad you're back safely.

jesse3638

Hooked
Totally missed this thread. Happy anniversary!

They are a little pricey but they are getting better and better every year. Personal locating beacons (Spot, Garmin, DeLorme) all have different capabilities depending on the service contract you sign up with and the unit itself.

I’m happy with my DeLorme Inreach Explorer. It can do exactly what you wanted. It will send either emails or texts or both to preprogrammed contacts and ping your location. You set up the ping intervals or you can manually do it as well as sending messages to keep your peeps informed.

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great way to celebrate!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s an awesome trip for an anniversary. Sounds like you got a keeper. My wife and I did our first anniversary in Moab as well. Glad you had a good time. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Thanks everyone! Yeah she is definitely a keeper. She did get nervous on our way to the top of the world. A couple obstacles were more than we'd taken on alone and she was worried we'd get break and be stranded. All was good though.
Thanks again for letting us show you around. It was a blast and we're certainly looking forward to another trip with you guys! Glad you're back safely.
Same to you. It was good meeting you and you're dad. How was 7 mile?

Thanks everyone! Yeah she is definitely a keeper. She did get nervous on our way to the top of the world. A couple obstacles were more than we'd taken on alone and she was worried we'd get break and be stranded. All was good though.

Same to you. It was good meeting you and you're dad. How was 7 mile?

7 mile was a great trip. Mostly alone until near wipe out hill where a small group of JK's and TJ's were hanging out. You guys going to make the Yearly newbie run?

BlacknRedJK

Pretty sure I saw you guys at the booth headed into the sand flats on Saturday. I was headed in with a friend following in a blue FJ and saw a WAYALIFE bannered jeep behind us in line to pay. Hope you guys had a good trip and enjoyed the trails!

jesse3638

Hooked
7 mile was a great trip. Mostly alone until near wipe out hill where a small group of JK's and TJ's were hanging out. You guys going to make the Yearly newbie run?
Yeah we try to make the annual New Years run all things permitting.
Pretty sure I saw you guys at the booth headed into the sand flats on Saturday. I was headed in with a friend following in a blue FJ and saw a WAYALIFE bannered jeep behind us in line to pay. Hope you guys had a good trip and enjoyed the trails!

Yeah probably was us. I do remember a blue FJ.

Top Bottom