4.5 inch lift and 37's

Dale72

Hooked
Since my trailer has been in the shop since Friday and I have been sitting around watching a lot of YouTube videos. I'm thinking that a 4.5 inch lift might be a little much for 37's. What do you guys think.

Dale72

Hooked
4.5 is definitely a but much for 37’s. But it’s forward thinking if you think you might go to 40’s and don’t want the do-over. 2.5 is really all you need unless breakover angle issue is a thing for you and where you wheel.
The closest places to me in Mississippi has a lot of water crossings from what I've seen. So I don't know if a 2.5 will work. I've been thinking about trying probably trying to sale everything I have for the 4.5 Enforcer I have, and go with coilovers. Like I said got to much time on my hands and thinking. Which isn't really good. 🤔 lol 😆

The closest places to me in Mississippi has a lot of water crossings from what I've seen. So I don't know if a 2.5 will work. I've been thinking about trying probably trying to sale everything I have for the 4.5 Enforcer I have, and go with coilovers. Like I said got to much time on my hands and thinking. Which isn't really good. 🤔 lol 😆
It seems like you need a snorkel system which is totally waterproofed!

Bear_JT

Hooked
Yeah I've thought about that too. I've had way too much time on my hands this week. And that's normally not a good thing on the wallet 😕
Ha! I know how that goes. I’ll be honest, I had considered going down in lift height and running 37’s before I made up my mind but I am 100% glad I kept my 4.5” and went with 38’s. Now if I want to stay where I’m at, I’m completely satisfied and if I want to go to 40’s it’s not a huge leap.

Dale72

Hooked
Ha! I know how that goes. I’ll be honest, I had considered going down in lift height and running 37’s before I made up my mind but I am 100% glad I kept my 4.5” and went with 38’s. Now if I want to stay where I’m at, I’m completely satisfied and if I want to go to 40’s it’s not a huge leap.
True. Just only about anything 20k to go up to 40’s. LOL 😆 🤣

Dale72

Hooked
But that's probably what I'll end up doing. Just keep the 4.5 and get 38's

Dale72

Hooked
I went with the Trail Grapplers which I really like and have 0 issues with, but I also really like the looks of the Ridge Grapplers.
I like them both also. Discount Tire is showing only a $6 difference between the two. But I'll probably order them from Jeremy and then drive out there and drop it off and let him install everything and regear it at the same time. But I gotta get it back from the body shop first and start saving up for it

Bear_JT

Hooked
I like them both also. Discount Tire is showing only a $6 difference between the two. But I'll probably order them from Jeremy and then drive out there and drop it off and let him install everything and regear it at the same time. But I gotta get it back from the body shop first and start saving up for it
That sounds like a good plan. I would do the same thing if I was closer to him. I still might do that eventually when I do gears or axles.

Dale72

Hooked
That sounds like a good plan. I would do the same thing if I was closer to him. I still might do that eventually when I do gears or axles.
It's going to be a 2000 mile trip for me to take it out there. But hell I drive for a living. There's only one shop that's closer to me. I'll check with both of them to see who can get me in when I'm ready

Top Bottom