Adjustable Track Bars with leveling Kit. Is it Needed?

FlyGap

Is it necessary to replace the factory track bars with adjustable bars when only increasing the lift by 1.5" with a leveling kit. I keep seeing how the axle is pulled off center with lifts, but not sure if it's necessary with a 1.5" leveling kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Technically, your axles are ALWAYS off a bit depending on how many people are riding in your Jeep, how full your gas tank is, how much gear you're carrying or how unloaded your Jeep is. It's just the nature of the beast when it comes to 4-link systems with track bars. That said, NO, there is no need for adjustable track bars for the amount of lift you're installing.

FlyGap

Technically, your axles are ALWAYS off a bit depending on how many people are riding in your Jeep, how full your gas tank is, how much gear you're carrying or how unloaded your Jeep is. It's just the nature of the beast when it comes to 4-link systems with track bars. That said, NO, there is no need for adjustable track bars for the amount of lift you're installing.
Thank you and so thankful for this forum. As you can probably tell, I'm new to the Jeep world. But I love it.
Thanks again,

WJCO

Meme King
Is it necessary to replace the factory track bars with adjustable bars when only increasing the lift by 1.5" with a leveling kit. I keep seeing how the axle is pulled off center with lifts, but not sure if it's necessary with a 1.5" leveling kit.
I've been running the Rancho "leveling" kit on my JT Sport for about 2 years now. I actually gained about 2.25 inches in the front even with a winch. I haven't touched the OEM track bar. It's fine.

thumbnail_jt (3).png

Docbob

Did you get an answer for your question? If not, no you can get away with out changing your control arm with only 1.5” . But there are some very good entry level set ups ( JKS, Rough Country metal clock) I am assuming your looking at using a puck kit of some sort. Good luck and enjoy👍

Top Bottom