AEV Mojave Spacer Lift

n3rdaaron

Creating this post in the event that anyone goes through this too.

I ordered my AEV Mojave Spacer Lift at the beginning of March, and I still dont have it in hand. Ive talked to both Northridge (where ordered from) and AEV and continuously got the run around on when it was going to ship (Northridge says "from manufacturer within 30 days"). After two months of waiting, and having the goal post moved, (I know things are on back order, but not getting a helpful answer from anyone is what really put me off) I starting doing research.

After pushing and prodding with other companies, I found out that there isn't a difference in the spacers. Teraflex is using the same spacers for all of the JTs. But, that could mean that they have a larger internal opening for the spacer than other manufacturers (the air bump up front). I know local shops that haven't seen a difference in the gear needed for the spacer lift.

Today I was finally able to get the answer from AEV on what is really going on.

Parts. They dont have the parts. Makes sense.
But which ones? The shock extensions... They told me that the only real difference in the kits are the shock extensions.

Called and talked to Evo about their shock extension and they said that the regular JT extensions will work fine, but you have to drill out the bolt holes to fit the bolt for the Fox shocks. If that is the REAL difference between the bracket for the Mojave/Non-Mojave, then Im going to take one for the team and see if the extension brackets from AEV will work. If not, Ill order the replacement extensions.

So I called Northridge and had them change my order from the Mojave kit to the regular (which is in stock).

Ill try and update this post with anything that I find.

n3rdaaron

You are not going to find any love for Teaflex or Northr

Both of them have a bad reputation on here
My biggest issue with NR is how they are allowing people to purchase something thats effectively vaporware. There is really no date estimate on when the parts will ship, but they will gladly take your money and tell you 30 days. I went from "within 30 days" -> 6 weeks -> 8 weeks -> 10 weeks.

Dale72

Hooked
My biggest issue with NR is how they are allowing people to purchase something thats effectively vaporware. There is really no date estimate on when the parts will ship, but they will gladly take your money and tell you 30 days. I went from "within 30 days" -> 6 weeks -> 8 weeks -> 10 weeks.
There is a lot of members here that have ordered stuff from Northridge and they shipped it to a different address and then charged them again to fix their f up

n3rdaaron

I’m honestly waiting for something like that. I’ll force a charge back with CC company. If I don’t see a shipping notification by Friday at noon I’ll get my money back.

Last edited:

n3rdaaron

Received the tracking information from NR yesterday evening. Shipping information is correct. Should be here Tuesday.

Did a quick look at the lower shock mounts on the JL Rubi vs the JT Mojave. They are similar, but the Mojave has a little bit of extra material on it. I know the bolt is larger for the Mojave, so Im expecting that.

Here are the pictures for comparison
JL Rubi
IMG_0779.jpeg

JT Mojave
IMG_0780.jpeg

Circled the obvious difference in material. Ill check later, but I think that the Mojave shock mount hole is actually moved back (which would require the extra material) from the axle due to size.

Last edited:

n3rdaaron

There is a lot of members here that have ordered stuff from Northridge and they shipped it to a different address and then charged them again to fix their f up
You win. They sent me the parts for a JL and not the JT.
Not even close. Starting an RMA.

Bear_JT

Hooked
That’s crap. With how long parts are taking to ship and you get the wrong ones, definitely not cool.

n3rdaaron

That’s crap. With how long parts are taking to ship and you get the wrong ones, definitely not cool.
Add to it, just received the RMA information from NR, and they are going to deduct $30 for shipping from my refund. For parts that they sent wrong. I replied back with "Why am I being charged $30 for NR sending me the wrong parts?"

AND Ill have to pay for the shipping back.

Might as well close this thread since there probably won't be a resolution.

Update: since I’m a nerd, I created an automation (in iOS) to check three times a day to see if it’s back in stock at AEV.
2nd Update: ordered the correct kit from AEV. Being told 2-3 weeks, but yeah, I doubt that.

Last edited:

ScoobyCarolanNC

Damn dude. I’ve had my eye on the Mohave kit too. I had a good experience with the JL spacer lift starting my JL. I had a Sahara and I eventually swapped all the parts out, but I’m not trying to do that with the Mohave. Keep us updated.

n3rdaaron

Damn dude. I’ve had my eye on the Mohave kit too. I had a good experience with the JL spacer lift starting my JL. I had a Sahara and I eventually swapped all the parts out, but I’m not trying to do that with the Mohave. Keep us updated.
The JL kit that we have from AEV is great. I haven’t had a reason to doubt their product, just right now it’s shady vendors and massive back orders.
Northridge actually tried pushing back saying that I ordered the wrong parts. Sucks for them that I have logs and copies of everything. They finally gave up and credited me back for everything.

MudVayne

Caught the Bug
The JL kit that we have from AEV is great. I haven’t had a reason to doubt their product, just right now it’s shady vendors and massive back orders.
Northridge actually tried pushing back saying that I ordered the wrong parts. Sucks for them that I have logs and copies of everything. They finally gave up and credited me back for everything.
Urgh that sucks. Let me call my guy at rlc. See if he can hook you up. He stocks them

Attachments

• 510FF80E-118F-42F6-A91C-F49E86731256.jpeg
    510FF80E-118F-42F6-A91C-F49E86731256.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom