Antennae questions

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
So first question...does the satellite radio and AM/FM radio operate off of the same antennae?
Second question...I'm a stubby antennae kind of guy. Do people usually go this route or just paint their stock antennae? It's annoying how much it bounces around and I hate chrome/bright silver things.

Thanks
- Kenny-g

Philip *AZ*

Banned
No, satellite has its own antenna. A nice stubby antenna for the jeep, check out the antenna x

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

RamP

:shock:
Ha ha!!!! I just shot milk out my nose!!!!

So where is the sat ant located?

Philip *AZ*

Banned
On a Jeep I would imagine it would need to go on the hood near the windshield. Its got a magnetic foot so you can put it wherever you want. The companies recommend the highest point on the vehicle, but we are limited.

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
On a Jeep I would imagine it would need to go on the hood near the windshield. Its got a magnetic foot so you can put it wherever you want. The companies recommend the highest point on the vehicle, but we are limited.

I might be mistaken but I think it is above the sound bar.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Yes, it can be mounted on the sound bar if you prefer.. Like this:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365208483.661871.jpg
Or
You can mount it like this:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365208507.266889.jpg
Does it really honestly matter.. Nope..

Skid_Kid

:shock:
Ha ha!!!! I just shot milk out my nose!!!!

The stock antenna for your sat is above the sound bar but underneath the top on the passenger side if I am not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Sweet y'all! Thanks! I want to get rid of this hideous antenna and I use my Sat radio 24/7 so I didn't wanna take a hit by swapping the antennas. Thanks again! Let the amazon and eBay shopping begin :rolleyes:

mtnbiker995

I took my antenna off and just replaced it with a 4" bolt of the same thread. I got tired of the antenna smacking off my KC's

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Sweet y'all! Thanks! I want to get rid of this hideous antenna and I use my Sat radio 24/7 so I didn't wanna take a hit by swapping the antennas. Thanks again! Let the amazon and eBay shopping begin :rolleyes:

Antenna X runs about $15. They are ok if u hate that stock antenna hitting your lights or you need more radio than satellite, Pandora, or 30 gigs of your own music.

Trembley

I went with the Antenna X hidden antenna and love it...plus I learned how to take apart the entire dash in the process...awesome!!

Skid_Kid

Here is some pics of mine so can get an idea if you like it or night before buying.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365357102.232793.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365357110.198865.jpg

PssdffJay

That's the one I have. I've noticed reception a little worse now (but only slightly and I can't guarantee it wasn't the area I was in, but I'm a sat radio or iPod guy anyway. Can't go wrong with the Antenna x ones.

Top Bottom