Chrome

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On old iron, I really like chrome being that's how a lot of them came. On a JK, it's not really my cup of tea.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Where chrome belongs on a Jeep :yup:

20161101072606-f5b7615c-me.jpg

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I just don't feel any chrome on JK's. Maybe some of the old schools Jeeps though.But the best part of a Jeep is that you can customize it how you like it.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
On old iron, I really like chrome being that's how a lot of them came. On a JK, it's not really my cup of tea.

^^^^^this. I bought '64 Tuxedo Park Mark IV off the showroom floor after high school graduation with milk money made working at a carwash. A little over $3,500 out the door including a White Automotive soft top. Even the "three on the tree" shift lever was chrome. I loved it so much I bought a '66 Tux w/a Dauntless V-6. Those days are gone, thank God. Bling never did get me down the trail.
Tuxedo_Park.jpg

JeepJeep75

Totally agree about the JK and no chrome. It just looks to out of place and cheesy on the JK. I love chrome on older vehicles that came from factory with it, but with the newer vehicles it just makes me think of this: ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1480529668.632085.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Same here. Doesn't fit a JK, but, especially on CJs, it works. It's a period thing. If it ran chrome in the Seventies, it looks appropriate on it, now. I am coming around to polished aluminum wheels on some colors of JKs, though.

IMG_7693.JPG
IMG_7694.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom