Coil Spring Question

astros3111

Is it possible to run different coil spring lengths?

Little back story... Before I did the 392 swap, I ran the metal cloak dual 3.5in lift with the 3.6 v6 and was pretty happy with the setup. I only had 3/4 to a 1in of rake, which worked out perfect for me.

Fast forward, and I've done the 392 engine swap (2 months back), and after a few miles, I've noticed the front springs are sagging more. I've contacted a few companies (Clayton and metal cloak) about their recommendations. From what I am hearing, they're recommending a 4.5in upfront and 3.5in the rear, and this setup should take care of it.

Does anyone else hear of this or run a similar setup?

A.J.

I had the same issue after my Hemi swap. You have a couple options. I ended up putting the front end on a diet and using R K 4.5” springs on the front with a 1/2” spacer. The other option is to use the diesel springs which are just about right for the weight of the Hemi. I called several vendors. RK was the most helpful. Of course coilovers would be the third option….Someday.

astros3111

I had the same issue after my Hemi swap. You have a couple options. I ended up putting the front end on a diet and using R K 4.5” springs on the front with a 1/2” spacer. The other option is to use the diesel springs which are just about right for the weight of the Hemi. I called several vendors. RK was the most helpful. Of course coilovers would be the third option….Someday.
Got it. What size coil springs are running in the rear?

A.J.

Got it. What size coil springs are running in the rear?
Same 4.5” RK springs. I have a LOD Bumper with tire carrier and 40’s on bead locks on the rear. For the front I am running an aluminum stubby bumper that’s really light. And an older warn 8000 winch with synthetic rope. It will depend on what you have for weight which route you take.

astros3111

Why not try a set of coilovers? You can fine tune that setup way easier than swapping full coils. Pretty much infinitely adjustable. 🤷‍♂️
Probably should've gone this way at the very beginning. I've spent too much on the shocks to go the Coilover route. But someday I'll make the switch.

XX4xEXX

Caught the Bug
Rite Way Axel in CA builds to your spec and can test your coils. But you might need to be at the shop. I don't see an issue with what your saying is the issue as the front should never be taller or LEVEL as you assumed carry weight. Like trucks everyone wants level untill they load and get the Cali lean but your not a pre runner. Just size for weight and be don't don't trip on tilt unless it's an issue or huge

Top Bottom