Coilover charging ?

JT@623

Hooked
Since I’ve decided to take the jump down the coilover rabbit hole what are you that have them using to charge them ? Looked at the power tank kit but it’s a bit pricey and not sure when it will be available . Found what seems to be a decent hose and regulator set up on eBay then either buy or rent a small tank . I’m a couple hours from anywhere so just running to a shop would suck . Just curious what everyone uses .
Thanks

CalSgt

Hooked
Im curious to see what others have to say as well.

The power tank N2 kit is just gas (instead of liquid) filled from a parent N2 tank which you would either need your own or have to pay for someone to charge it with head pressure. They do sell regulator kits that work with Co2 or N2 you can put on a rented or purchased tank you would just need a tank and one of the charging manifolds.

Polyperformance kit is expensive too but at least comes with a tank you can get filled

https://www.polyperformance.com/poly-performance-nitrogen-kit

I looked at the bay kits as well, my gripe with many of the regulators is the low pressure side gauge on a lot of them is for such a high pressure that a small movement of the needle would be a difference of like 50 PSI which would make fine adjustments hard.

Nearest shop for me is Street to Sand in Reno 1.5 hours away, they charged me $25 each to charge my hydro bumps.

JT@623

Hooked
Im curious to see what others have to say as well.

The power tank N2 kit is just gas (instead of liquid) filled from a parent N2 tank which you would either need your own or have to pay for someone to charge it with head pressure. They do sell regulator kits that work with Co2 or N2 you can put on a rented or purchased tank you would just need a tank and one of the charging manifolds.

Polyperformance kit is expensive too but at least comes with a tank you can get filled

https://www.polyperformance.com/poly-performance-nitrogen-kit

I looked at the bay kits as well, my gripe with many of the regulators is the low pressure side gauge on a lot of them is for such a high pressure that a small movement of the needle would be a difference of like 50 PSI which would make fine adjustments hard.

Nearest shop for me is Street to Sand in Reno 1.5 hours away, they charged me $25 each to charge my hydro bumps.
I was going to call around to some welding shops in the morning to see what a small bottle costs . I’ll give Poly performance a call as well . $25 a piece seems like a lot

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I was going to call around to some welding shops in the morning to see what a small bottle costs . I’ll give Poly performance a call as well . $25 a piece seems like a lot
Buy a bottle on eBay. They will be cheaper. Take it to your welding shop and they just trade an “empty” for a full and you pay for the gas. Don’t buy a full tank (tank and gas) from a welding shop

CalSgt

Hooked
Buy a bottle on eBay. They will be cheaper. Take it to your welding shop and they just trade an “empty” for a full and you pay for the gas. Don’t buy a full tank (tank and gas) from a welding shop
Look at Craigslist too... There was a full 40# bottle near me that went for just a little more that an empty bottle costs, I wasn't able to get it in time

JT@623

Hooked
Before I go cutting rear lower shock mount on a Pro Rock 60 needs cut down to mount the rock stars from evo correct?

JeepFan

Hooked
I have the Poly Performance kit. Works great! I seem to recall it was around 450 when I bought it. But I guess like everything else, prices keep going up.

Lperdue

How often are coilovers supposed to charged? Just asking so I can keep up with regular maintenance.

JT@623

Hooked
So got the coilovers installed today but on the font both springs are 250’s so how is that a dual rate the cross over rings ain’t even close to the slider ? The rears are 200 over 250 .

Lperdue

So got the coilovers installed today but on the font both springs are 250’s so how is that a dual rate the cross over rings ain’t even close to the slider ? The rears are 200 over 250 .
How much lift are you set at.

Top Bottom