Dash message battery related

Andy5160

Hooked
Any idea what this is about? Aux battery was replaced one year ago. Cold crank this morning was a bit longer than usual.
What throws me off is that I also have check engine light appeared at the same time.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_6055.jpeg
    IMG_6055.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 24
It’s the main battery. I have been getting that message for about a year now, especially when it’s a colder morning. Just to lazy to replace it lol

It’s the main battery. I have been getting that message for about a year now, especially when it’s a colder morning. Just to lazy to replace it lol
Thanks Steve !!! Ordering one now but when I get to install it another story !!

Okkkk. Main battery replaced with Odyssey and it starts great. Old one actually was expended and making boiling noises. The problems are in the two images below.
Thoughts? Aux battery is one year old.

Attachments

• IMG_6069.jpeg
    IMG_6069.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6068.jpeg
    IMG_6068.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 12
Had aux battery replaced. Message on the dash is gone now. Last time I replaced it from the top. This time I did it from the bottom. For me it was easier to do it this way however here is the catch. If you look at the image of the batteries specifically between the two terminals you’ll see the “fins” so to speak on the odyssey. They won’t let the battery to go in all the way because of the plastic retainer inside the box where the battery goes. So I had to shorten the retainer and all is well.
Super easy. To have all the clips is a plus as most of them must be replaced while reinstalling the fender flare.

Attachments

• IMG_6172.jpeg
    IMG_6172.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6173.jpeg
    IMG_6173.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6174.jpeg
    IMG_6174.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 12
Update.
Voltage was at 14.4 and this morning it dropped to 12.9. That “A” start stop light is back .
Any ideas. Alternator is going?
Also had to use air compressor today but did it while engine is running

Update.
Voltage was at 14.4 and this morning it dropped to 12.9. That “A” start stop light is back .
Any ideas. Alternator is going?
Also had to use air compressor today but did it while engine is running
Sure sounds like alternator. Make sure all large connections are tight and that belt is tight.

Top Bottom