Doh

So last night we took the hard top off and waited until today to put the TekTop back on. Wwwwweeeeeelllllll as luck would have it, you guessed it, the rain came in about 4:30 this morning. Good thing I live in Texas where it does not rain like it does in Florida. Hoping then rain will hold off until after work, if not well it will be a wet drive home.

R/
Will

pastorwug

I've heard that if you stay at 80 mph the rain just goes over the windshield!
Or ductape an umbrella over your head!

I'm sure your home by now.

I've heard that if you stay at 80 mph the rain just goes over the windshield!
Or ductape an umbrella over your head!

I'm sure your home by now.

Actually I am at work now. It rained this morning before heading out to work. It is clearing up now so hopefully Canvas will dry out.

R/
Will

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Actually I am at work now. It rained this morning before heading out to work. It is clearing up now so hopefully Canvas will dry out.

R/
Will

Will.....I ran my rig top less with tube doors for over a year straight down here in South Florida and dodged rain on a daily basis.......I got smart and invested in the Bestop trail cover and downloaded Wunderground radar app on my phone......those two things saved my rig from getting soaked on many occasions......well worth the $ if you're going topless for an extended length of time......stay dry my friend

Going to miss you at Jeeptoberfest brother.....stay safe sir:rock:

~Woodrow ~

image.jpg
image.jpg

Well I just downloaded Weather underground and will look into getting the top. With the TrekTop NX we did not have a problem.

Going to miss Jeeptoberfest as well.

po5000

nice jeep but if you lived in California you don't have to worry about rain for like 6 months

Last edited:

2013CGJKU

nice jeep but if you lived in California you don't have to worry about rain for like 6 months

I'd rather have wet seats than pay 1.8 million in taxes on my 100k a year salary just to get pulled over and have my rig impounded and crushed because I don't have ugly mudflaps and covers on my lights.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

I drove home the other night in steady rain without the top. I knew it was coming but didn't get the top back on before having to head to the airport. Luckily I did throw my freedom tops in the back before I left. I got a little damp, but my luggage and computer in the back stayed bone dry. As long as you keep moving, you're in good shape.

Top Bottom