Drag Link End for PSC Pitman Arm

I’m finally going to pull the trigger on the PSC JK BIG BORE XDR Box and and pump system.

Thing is, I have this GM 1T rod end on my drag link at the pitman arm and the diameter of the rod end is slightly larger than most.
The pitch is typical but the diameter is just too big. (Really setting myself up on this one)

I reamed my stock pitman arm a bit and it worked well for a couple years, but now has a little play in it.

I would rather not ream my new PSC pitman arm.

Can anyone recommend a good rod end to use with the PSC pitman arm that doesn’t require reaming?

Is the PSC pitman arm 0.749" diameter at the tapered hole?

Here is what I have.
IMG_1953.jpeg
IMG_1954.jpeg

Any standard sized rod end from like Synergy/RPM will work with the pitman arm assuming your draglink excepts a standard rod end shank diameter with 16TPI. What draglink do you have?

Any standard sized rod end from like Synergy/RPM will work with the pitman arm assuming your draglink excepts a standard rod end shank diameter with 16TPI. What draglink do you have?

Right on, yea synergy was my first thought…just want to make sure it fits, and make sure people have used it / like the way it holds up. I hate to go down in size of a rod end, but the one I have is probably overkill…

To answer your question, I have been running the same Exodus Jeeps drag link for the past 5 years or so. It’s just a straight stick of 7075 aluminum. I believe it’s tapped to 7/8”-14, but not sure. I can’t find the diameter / pitch of the rod end in the specs…

I have the PSC components in my shopping cart on your website right now actually, haha…if you have enough info to make a specific rod end recommendation for me, I would be up for purchasing it and seeing if it fits my DL.

The Synergy Rod ends are 7/8-18 so I'd confirm this is what yours uses. I'm going to assume so since this is the common/standard sized rod end used by most companies. Also, is yours RH or LH thread? If LH, 4139-L is the Synergy/single plane joint you will want and will be a direct bolt in for the PSC pitman arm.

If you have the Synergy track bar brace, you will need the bolt kit HWK-688-PP

Please use WAYALIFE at checkout for a discount!

Last edited:
The Synergy Rod ends are 7/8-18 so I'd confirm this is what yours uses. I'm going to assume so since this is the common/standard sized rod end used by most companies. Also, is yours RH or LH thread? If LH, 4139-L is the Synergy/single plane joint you will want and will be a direct bolt in for the PSC pitman arm.

If you have the Synergy track bar brace, you will need the bolt kit HWK-688-PP

Please use WAYALIFE at checkout for a discount!

Nice, good tip on the promo code.
Appreciate the recommendation on the rod end. Thread pitch seems correct. I will double check with a gauge.

I do worry that it will be a bit short. I know the one I have now is about 6 1/4” from end of shank to center of the joint. Just by looking at the synergy one, it seems ~2” shorter.

I will do a bit more measuring on my end, and see what I can figure out. I don’t think I’d be too psyched about anything less than like 85% engagement on that shank.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Nice, good tip on the promo code.
Appreciate the recommendation on the rod end. Thread pitch seems correct. I will double check with a gauge.

I do worry that it will be a bit short. I know the one I have now is about 6 1/4” from end of shank to center of the joint. Just by looking at the synergy one, it seems ~2” shorter.

I will do a bit more measuring on my end, and see what I can figure out. I don’t think I’d be too psyched about anything less than like 85% engagement on that shank.

Thanks again for the quick response.
Yeah I’d certainly measure. Not sure if he cuts his shorter overall. Worse case, I can help get you a new replacement aluminum sleeve to the standard length and threaded to what you need 👍🏼

Kenney

I used "Barns4wd" website for my ends with my PSC they are huge, they run $30. I ordered a whole set for spares. If you worried about the length just call.

I used "Barns4wd" website for my ends with my PSC they are huge, they run $30. I ordered a whole set for spares. If you worried about the length just call.

I appreciate it man. I’ll keep it in mind for the future.

I decided I’m going to nut up and put my new pitman arm in the Bridgeport and take the taper a little bit deeper.

Hopefully chucking it up on a machine will bring my tolerance in a bit and prevent the pitman arm from wallowing out over time.

I’ll post up pictures and results…

Kenney

I appreciate it man. I’ll keep it in mind for the future.

I decided I’m going to nut up and put my new pitman arm in the Bridgeport and take the taper a little bit deeper.

Hopefully chucking it up on a machine will bring my tolerance in a bit and prevent the pitman arm from wallowing out over time.

I’ll post up pictures and results…
Check the max taper diameter with your Calipers I think you should be at .750 for your large taper side. A Re-cut
I don't think will help but I could be wrong. Maybe scuff it up with 100 grit and used Red Loctite . Good Luck

Check the max taper diameter with your Calipers I think you should be at .750 for your large taper side. A Re-cut
I don't think will help but I could be wrong. Maybe scuff it up with 100 grit and used Red Loctite . Good Luck

Yea not sure I communicated correctly, but all that needed to be done was to deepen the 7 degree taper. As is, keep the same 7 degrees but plunge deeper into the pitman arm.

Scuffing with 100 grit and dabbing loctite may actually be a good idea tho.

Making chips…thanks to @Bear_JT for sending me this bit a few years back. Still going strong.
IMG_2179.jpeg

Increased the hole diameter by about 3/16. Taper stayed the same. Bigger rod end seated full depth of taper now. Before it only went 1/2 way in.
IMG_2189.jpeg
IMG_2190.jpeg

Top Bottom