ECODIESEL HELP!

1tmjpr

Just replaced my 2 batteries on my 21 jlure. Problem I'm having is my battery voltage is still dropping down to 12.5 then will spike up to 14.9. When I installed them the other day. The voltage was 13.9 - 14.2. Ckd alternator and connections, but all are good, and tight. Any one ever run into this issue. Or, any help would be great. Not a mechanic, but can do some work. If any one was wondering my skills. Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
check the grounds, especially on the passenger side.
The image shows the ground locations in the front, there are a few more back to the bed but usually one of the passenger front grounds seems to be the culprit. (black circles)
<<<Front Rear>>>
1712105540241.png

I bet it’s a ground issue also. I had this same issue with my 392 and it ended up frying my alternator. Check the one one the frame right behind the passenger front tire. My bolts were tight and everything. The bolt wasn’t threaded enough and couldn’t tighten down enough to make ground tight. I had to add washer behind the ground wire to lighten it up.

1tmjpr

I bet it’s a ground issue also. I had this same issue with my 392 and it ended up frying my alternator. Check the one one the frame right behind the passenger front tire. My bolts were tight and everything. The bolt wasn’t threaded enough and couldn’t tighten down enough to make ground tight. I had to add washer behind the ground wire to lighten it up.
Thanks, will look at that. Just frustrating cause dealer always blames the owner.

1tmjpr

Should the be a brass spacer there. Just saw a pic of another jeep same location no brass spacer underneath jeep

Top Bottom