Evo bolt on coil over install price?

jkpete

Does anyone know how much off road evolution charges for this install? I will have everything needed to install. I would just like them to install it. Thanks in advance. :)

Pete

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Not to rain on your parade, but you should do a search in the forum. There are tons of write ups and talk about this already..

Paratroopers stay up longer!

jkpete

I have not seen anything on the labor price anywhere. If you can find it and let me know where it is. I have searched once already. I know all the things I need and all those prices just not how much off road Evo charges to do it.

StrizzyChris

just the c/o will cost you around 900 +/- depending on the shop. you will need drag link flip and track bar relocation/adjustible which will cost you parts (300 +/-) plus install(200+/-). Youll also need at minimum some adjustible front lower control arms with rear uppers being also good to do.

EDIT: Just saw your avitar and noticed that youll need rear uppers since you are in a 2D. Also youll need drive shafts plus install cost of them as well

Last edited:

jkpete

I emailed them last week and still haven't gotten a reply. I don't have time to call. The plant I work at is on an outage and I'm working 5am to 6 pm and no time to make phone calls, barely time to eat lunch.

Thanks
Pete

JAGS

Hooked
I have not seen anything on the labor price anywhere. If you can find it and let me know where it is. I have searched once already. I know all the things I need and all those prices just not how much off road Evo charges to do it.

Each install might be a little different as dependent upon what you are having done at the same time, etc. I'd just give them a call. Explain where you are at and where you want to be.

jkpete

Thanks strizzy. I have almost all of the parts. I still need to order the c/o and wheels. When I put the wheels and c/os in my cart the shipping is $300. I can drive there and back on less than half that. So I can put that extra 150 into labor lol.

Ya that's the problem.... you could know what they charge per hour but not knowing the estimated total hours makes it tough to guess. Sorry ...

andrew -

jkpete

just the c/o will cost you around 900 +/- depending on the shop. you will need drag link flip and track bar relocation/adjustible which will cost you parts (300 +/-) plus install(200+/-). Youll also need at minimum some adjustible front lower control arms with rear uppers being also good to do.

EDIT: Just saw your avitar and noticed that youll need rear uppers since you are in a 2D. Also youll need drive shafts plus install cost of them as well

Yea I need to update my avitar. Last Friday I upgraded to this.

Attachments

• image-1815390427.jpg
    image-1815390427.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 330

StrizzyChris

nice looking rig :thumb: gotta love going commando :brows:

only they will tell you their price for sure, but if you are looking at install of c/o, draglink flip and track bar relocation, front lower CAs, and front drive shaft then I would imagine right around 1500 for LABOR ONLY for the install of all of that.

JKBANDIT55

Most legit off road shops charge around 200$ an hour for labor, at least thats the case here in Colorado. I would Imagine EVO, with all their experiance and badd assness, they charge around the same or more! Althought I'm sure they have lots of exerience with this install, they should be able to get it done faster than most other shops.

Also if you want to save a buck. Do some searching on here and JK forum and try to find a write up on how to do the install yourself.

I can tell you that ORE charged me for 6 hrs to just install my ENFORCER kit so I would guess your kit would be a bit more. But it was not at $200 an hour if that helps...

andrew -

StrizzyChris

Also if you want to save a buck. Do some searching on here and JK forum and try to find a write up on how to do the install yourself.

I would agree! Nothing feels better than money in the bank and a little more knowledge of how your jeep works!

I can tell you that ORE charged me for 6 hrs to just install my ENFORCER kit so I would guess your kit would be a bit more. But it was not at $200 an hour if that helps...

andrew -

Two years ago they quoted me labor in the 100/hr range with purchasing parts from them also(not sure if that effects the quote at all)...not sure if they have upped their price with their increased popularity.

JKBANDIT55

I remember reading a thread once where a guy was pist. He said why would EVO call this lot a bolt on kit and make it sound like a super easy install. He said its far from easy and requires a lot more tools and other things to be done rather than just bolt them on.

I was kind of laughing. How can you expect this install to be easy when your installing a high end piece of equipment thanks not like just shocks that you bolt on.

But I'm sure it can be done with patience and average skills.

Being "bolt on" and being "super easy" doesn't always mean the same thing I would guess. This would depend on ones level of mechanical skills, ones access to the "correct" tools, ones amount of patience and I would guess about 50 other variables that could make the install easier or harder. I think there are a ton of threads with info regarding this install so finding said info shouldn't be too hard. But from the way I am reading this thread, Mr. Pete is lacking the time to do it himself at the moment.

andrew -

JKBANDIT55

Being "bolt on" and being "super easy" doesn't always mean the same thing I would guess. This would depend on ones level of mechanical skills, ones access to the "correct" tools, ones amount of patience and I would guess about 50 other variables that could make the install easier or harder. I think there are a ton of threads with info regarding this install so finding said info shouldn't be too hard. But from the way I am reading this thread, Mr. Pete is lacking the time to do it himself at the moment.

andrew -

This is true. Personally I like a challenge and putting parts on myself. Helps get to know the jeep and build knowledge.

But I can understand if someone doesn't have the time, tools, or place to get it done themselves.

I would search around man. Get a quote from a few other shops!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Rough estimate probably $1000-$1500. There shop rate is $110 an hour I believe. They've done one or two installs so they know what there doing.:thumb:

Philip *AZ*

Banned

I hope you didn't get the wrong impression of my post. I was not trying sound like a dick. Just recommending a search because of how much info there is on this subject already. I hate posting sometimes because people cant hear my voice. Only see what I posted. Sorry if I came off abrassive, totally not my intention.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I know have email EVO directly for a quote for D2 gusset and they gave me s price right away. Maybe e-mail them and they can quote you a price.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom