EVO Lift True Gains

kevman65

Hooked
Okay, looks like I'll be keeping the JT as my wife passed her Rehab driving test and will be self sufficient.

So time to start figuring out how I want to build.
I know EVO is a big choice here, so I have a question about this specific kit,

EVO MFG JEEP JT GLADIATOR 2.5" ENFORCER STAGE 2 W/ EVO SPEC KING SHOCKS​

What are the true gains? How much over the 2.5" does it actually lift?
My wife is vertically challenged and I don't want to make it TOO hard to get in and out.

I was originally going to put a Synergy lift together and then piecemeal in the parts that Synergy doesn't offer YET for the JT.

Sorry, 2020 JT Rubicon sitting on factory suspension. HardRock full width front bumper, 12,000 pound winch, yes I already have the weight sag so I don't have to worry about that.

Lperdue

Not exactly the 2.5 inch coils but I did run their 4.5 inch coils. Stock I was sitting about a half inch high, added a winch and bumper I was right at 4 1/2 inches as advertised. Then when I and added skids and rock sliders later it was right at 4 inches. I should note that the rear tends to sit high since they built them with overlanding & payload in mid. Hope this helps.

kevman65

Hooked
Not exactly the 2.5 inch coils but I did run their 4.5 inch coils. Stock I was sitting about a half inch high, added a winch and bumper I was right at 4 1/2 inches as advertised. Then when I and added skids and rock sliders later it was right at 4 inches. I should note that the rear tends to sit high since they built them with overlanding & payload in mid. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I just keep reading about lift kits that almost double the actual lift amount. There is no way she could get into the JT if it ended up being close to 5" of lift.

In my avatar you can see that with 35's the wheel wells look filled. I like the look. Probably going to go to 37's (true measurement, not advertised size) and thus looking at 2"-2.5" of lift.

Lperdue

No that shouldn’t be an issue, @benatc1 ran EVO’s lift on his Mojave. Unfortunately due to the Mojave having a built in 1 inch spacer lift. His lift ended up being right at 3 1/2 inches if you compare it to a rubi. But agian this is only for a Mojave, so yours will be 2 1/2 inches in lift. I wouldn’t worry about it being to much taller than advertised.

kevman65

Hooked
Do they make the powered fold down step sliders for the JT yet? That might give her the help she needs.
Yes, I've looked at them and on the list IF necessary. But that's $2,000 I hope to not have to spend since I don't want to beat those up.
I already have RockHard sliders with tubes down and she uses those as a step.

They ride really close but of course will get lower with added weight. I will also note that the coils are corner specific (specific part number/length). The EVO coils def ride nice especially with their KING shocks. But of course that’s my opinion. 2.5 has been a popular height for the more daily drivers and still looks good.

kevman65

Hooked
They ride really close but of course will get lower with added weight. I will also note that the coils are corner specific (specific part number/length). The EVO coils def ride nice especially with their KING shocks. But of course that’s my opinion. 2.5 has been a popular height for the more daily drivers and still looks good.
It's your fault I started looking again. Was reading your introductory thread and clicked on the link for your website.

Here's the big question, what's the current lead time on the kit WITH the King shocks? That is why I put it off, everyone was out of stock and almost 2 years out on the King's.

kevman65

Hooked
It also depends on what model JT you have. This is a sport s with the EVO 2.5 Enforcer. I'm running 35's for now View attachment 374336
First, nice ride. I LOVE the old school aluminum, mag wheels.

Mine's a Rubi. Most places list 2 heights for lift, 1 for Rubi and 1 for non-Rubi. Usually the Rubi is true lift height and non is more. But then when you dig into reviews the gain is more than they advertised.

Like I said, I was going to do Synergy, but I really think Synergy springs will end up being softer than I am looking for.

Dale72

Hooked
First, nice ride. I LOVE the old school aluminum, mag wheels.

Mine's a Rubi. Most places list 2 heights for lift, 1 for Rubi and 1 for non-Rubi. Usually the Rubi is true lift height and non is more. But then when you dig into reviews the gain is more than they advertised.

Like I said, I was going to do Synergy, but I really think Synergy springs will end up being softer than I am looking for.
Thanks they are the KMC XD231. The one's Eddie put on Jet in the beginning

It's your fault I started looking again. Was reading your introductory thread and clicked on the link for your website.

Here's the big question, what's the current lead time on the kit WITH the King shocks? That is why I put it off, everyone was out of stock and almost 2 years out on the King's.
Haha I’m used to getting blamed for everything, I’m married lol

So the lift kits themselves aren’t really the issue, it’s the shocks BUT are you wanting the adjusters? I can get you a an answer first thing tomorrow. I will say EVO does get them faster compared to others and the wait is definitely not 2 years and worse case has been around the 4 week mark. But I can find out for you 👍🏼

kevman65

Hooked
Haha I’m used to getting blamed for everything, I’m married lol

So the lift kits themselves aren’t really the issue, it’s the shocks BUT are you wanting the adjusters? I can get you a an answer first thing tomorrow. I will say EVO does get them faster compared to others and the wait is definitely not 2 years and worse case has been around the 4 week mark. But I can find out for you 👍🏼
I'm on the fence on the adjusters. I don't really have many offroading places close to me so I would be more concerned about road manners. Off road I can deal with. So probably a no on the adjusters. I know I'll kick myself later for that decision.

There's no rush at this point. Waiting on a TON of medical bills for my wife to start hitting. So until I see where that's at I'm kicking tires for the moment.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
13D34895-5F87-4B47-9AD8-11E4911E2C71.jpeg B2838D9A-CC5C-495B-91A2-6824E45BD2A0.jpeg
For reference, here’s an evo 2.5 on a rubi with 37s. Looks like 27.5” to the bottom of driver door and just shy of 25” to top of evo bomber.

Edit: I should note that my wife is 5’1” and bitches every time she has to climb in this thing. If I didn’t already drill holes for the bomber skins I would’ve swapped them for a drop step/slider.

Last edited:

kevman65

Hooked
View attachment 374339 View attachment 374338
For reference, here’s an evo 2.5 on a rubi with 37s. Looks like 27.5” to the bottom of driver door and just shy of 25” to top of evo bomber.

Edit: I should note that my wife is 5’1” and bitches every time she has to climb in this thing. If I didn’t already drill holes for the bomber skins I would’ve swapped them for a drop step/slider.

Major brain fart. I read your numbers and went out and measured mine and I came up with around 3.5" of lift.

Took me too long to realize I'm on 35's and you're on 37's.

Nice looking rig.

Dale72

Hooked
I just measured mine with the EVO 2.5 Enforcer with 35's on a sport s is 28 inches at the bottom of the door

Top Bottom