EVO Rear Bolt On

JK's JK

Banned
Hi Guys,

I'm installing the rear EVO coil overs right now. Can someone provide me with pictures on how the upper bracket mounts please.

JK's JK

Banned

Thank you for your posts. there is a bolt going through the frame, two bolts hold the shock, two bold near the frame bump with the half circle. What is that last bolt hold for?

Its the last hole that's bent weird.

JK's JK

Banned
Not a person out there with some knowledge on that angled hole on the EVO bracket. The example is in the last pic that Strizzy posted up.

Thank you for posting up Strizzy. :thumb:

Panda

Not a person out there with some knowledge on that angled hole on the EVO bracket. The example is in the last pic that Strizzy posted up.

Thank you for posting up Strizzy. :thumb:

The last two bolts go where there's an empty hole where there's a body mount missing use two bolts you got from evo kit to bolt there I'll pm you my phone #

StrizzyChris

If you are talking about the vacant hole to the left in my last picture above, then I'm not sure what its for and I didn't use it for anything.

JK's JK

Banned
These are the random bolts that are super confusing to figure out where the hell they go!!!!!

The two long bolts go through the frame. The four gold go on the half circle. Everything else??????????????

I just talked with you about the swaybar bolts. The rockstar hole is way to small to except the factory bolt!!!!!s

DSC02885.JPG DSC02886.JPG

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The 8 little black ones are for the brackets that move your sway bar back. Look at picture 2 and u can see the silver bracket between sway bar mount and frame. I think you listed where all the others go.

Panda

Gecko is correct did you get the brackets that move the sway bar back?
Zoom in on picture 2 you can see the brackets

JK's JK

Banned
The 8 little black ones are for the brackets that move your sway bar back. Look at picture 2 and u can see the silver bracket between sway bar mount and frame. I think you listed where all the others go.

Thank you for spotting that for me...................................I did not receive that bracket!!! :mad: Didn't receive the two bolts that go through the frame!!! :mad:

Wait...So the eight bolts are to move the swaybar further back? I'm confused because the instructions does not say anything about that. Arent they a little short?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
They look short yes but trust me that's all they need to be, four of them only thread into that bracket and have to stop before hitting frame. The instructions don't say anything about it you are right.

Aren't those two long bolts the frame ones?

The two long black Allen heads are the bolts that go up through the factory shock mounting holes then through the EVO reinforcing brackets. You should have 4 of them (2 for each side), do you only have two?

JK's JK

Banned
They look short yes but trust me that's all they need to be, four of them only thread into that bracket and have to stop before hitting frame. The instructions don't say anything about it you are right.

Aren't those two long bolts the frame ones?

The two long black Allen heads are the bolts that go up through the factory shock mounting holes then through the EVO reinforcing brackets. You should have 4 of them (2 for each side), do you only have two?

Ok lets start over here.

4 - Black really short allen head bolts
4 - black 1/8" longer bolts
2 - black bolts (assigned to the nuts)
2 - nuts that fit the two bolts that are thread lock
4 - spacer

All the other hardware I've figured out where it goes.

So going back to the swaybar relocation. You have to drill through the frame for those.

You've got pictures of all this?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I think I confused you. Essentially what the sway bar bracket does is slide it back. They each have four holes in them. 2 thread into the factory nuts in the frame. Those two holes are countersunk into the bracket. Then the other two are just shifted back about an inch from each factory location and the bolt just screws into the bracket. It bottoms out on the frame. Look at picture 2. Where you see that head is the shortest bolt and it just screws into the silver bracket. It bottoms out at frame.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
See how it doesn't come through frame as much. You can see how my bracket is bowed cuz I'm bottoming out on frame, need another washer apparently.

1399171812729.jpg
1399171835323.jpg

You can see its just shifted back about an inch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK's JK

Banned
13_gecko_rubi was nice enough to talk with me over the phone about the missing material!!! We're still wondering what the black two long bolts are for???

StrizzyChris

X2^^

Sorry I was out with friends and just able to check back in on this. I had a few extra bolts when it was all said and done as well.

Of the 8 small Allen head bolts mentioned above, you install the 4 longer ones first through the silver spacer/relocation plate and then the shorter 4 go through the sway bar mounting bracket.

This is what it looks like stock...

1399202168836.jpg

...and what it should look like after the spacer.

1399202184335.jpg

Top Bottom