GMRS, CB, phone mounting options

Aceisback

Hooked
Have a few desert trips upcoming and most of the folks down there are still using CB unlike the three Off-Roading clubs that I’m in here in the Central Valley that utilize GMRS.

I really like the layout options of the Bulletpoint Rubigrid system but good Lord it’s $$$! So I’m looking for something similar that you would give high marks, or is Bulletpoint the be all end all of mounting solutions?
What I intend to hang/mount is an iPhone 15 Plus, and want the wireless charging MagSafe option, a Baofeng UV5R, and a Midland handheld CB mic. All three arms would be mounted simultaneously.

What arm lengths seems to have proper clearance from the dash but not protrude too far away? Also want the phone mount to be able to be raised for recording out on the trail.

I have 60% hearing loss and usually hang the radio or CB from the roll bar by my head. Getting away from that obviously with these questions, so my last one for now is do you patch your radio/CB in to your stereo while out on the trail.

If you don’t mind could you post up pics of your setup so I’ll have some better ideas?
Thanks y’all.👍

kevman65

Hooked

Overhead, out of the way. You can find mounts for just about everything that you can bolt to it.

With that said, I have this also (had it before I joined here) and again, you can find mounts for everything and with different length arms, can locate them exactly where you want. I run a GPS (Garmin) radar detector, and phone on mine.

benatc1

Hooked
Bulletfpoint mount is garbage in my opinion, ran for a bit and constantly hadn’t tighten to try and keep my phone from bouncing all over at any rate of speed in the desert, eventually it just got to the point where the ball wouldn’t hold, so I tried some grip tape and that only lasted so long, tossed it in the trash and tried the 67 designs set ip as I had heard good things,, which thus far has been amazing, but a little more cost. Just bought their iPad holder to mount on there as well, will put it though the test on the new years run but that seems stout as well. Was worth the investment in my opinion.

kevman65

Hooked
Bulletfpoint mount is garbage in my opinion, ran for a bit and constantly hadn’t tighten to try and keep my phone from bouncing all over at any rate of speed in the desert, eventually it just got to the point where the ball wouldn’t hold, so I tried some grip tape and that only lasted so long, tossed it in the trash and tried the 67 designs set ip as I had heard good things,, which thus far has been amazing, but a little more cost. Just bought their iPad holder to mount on there as well, will put it though the test on the new years run but that seems stout as well. Was worth the investment in my opinion.
67 Designs are my mounting points for all my electronics.

Yes, they take a licking and stay tight, with the exception of my dash cam. Qualifier on that is I move the arm out of the way when parked so I can use visors with my windshield sunscreen. It is mounted on the ACC bar.

Top Bottom