JKS Lifts

Hello all, just had a quick question. I just bought a 2018 JK 2 Door and I'm looking for a lift. It's a Sport S so Dana 30 up front and 44 in the rear, and I'm planning on 35s and a regear to 4.56 or 4.88. I also plan on swapping axles and adding 37s later on. For the 35s, I've been eyeing JKS's 3.5 inch JSPEC kits that include just about everything. I wanted to know if you guys had any input on those lifts in particular, JKS as a brand, or any other lift suggestions. Price is not much of a concern over quality for me, but it would be nice to stay within 2 to 4 grand. Any input is much appreciated! Here she is as she sits as of now...

And of course I just had to play in the sand regardless of its build stage at the moment [emoji23]

Presley 20201218_153646.jpg 20201218_162927.jpg 20201218_162938.jpg

2018 JK 2-Door Auto
1997 TJ 4.0 5 Speed

bmkrinne

I don’t know about the JKS lifts, but have had the AEV 2.5 lift and currently run the EVO 4”. My JKUR auto was on 315/70R17’s and the AEV 2.5 lift when I bought it and rode very well with ~ 2” effective lift but kept the factory rake.

I did the same thing you speak of and took it all off and went to 37’s with a PR44 and 4” lift and 5.13 gears. I really like the EVO springs, as they ride very well and removed the factory rake - Jeep sits level now.

My advice is to really decide what your end game is for the Jeep and modify once. It’ll save a lot of money and frustration doing it once.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
JKS makes good lifts but 3.5" might be a little high for 35's. Granted, you will be going up to 37's someday so it should be fine. No need to replace your rear axle for 37's but I would budget in the cost of new drive shafts especially being that you have a 2-door.

SSRuger

I ran the JKS 3.5" on my 2017 JKUR for around 2 years. I didn't use the JKS control arms I run the CORE 4X4 tier 4 arms. It rode really nice on the street and with the core 4x4 arms I got a lot of flex with it. Just recently I switched to the EVO bolt on coilovers in the front and still have the JKS in the rear and it paired together really well as well. It also had some of the best install instructions I've seen. 20200116_095554.jpeg 20200403_142252.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKS makes good lifts but 3.5" might be a little high for 35's. Granted, you will be going up to 37's someday so it should be fine. No need to replace your rear axle for 37's but I would budget in the cost of new drive shafts especially being that you have a 2-door.
Exactly my thoughts! Planning on JE Reel 1350s front and rear as well. Maybe I should just skip straight to 37s with a new 44 up front... [emoji848][emoji108]

2018 JK 2-Door Auto
1997 TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I ran the JKS 3.5" on my 2017 JKUR for around 2 years. I didn't use the JKS control arms I run the CORE 4X4 tier 4 arms. It rode really nice on the street and with the core 4x4 arms I got a lot of flex with it. Just recently I switched to the EVO bolt on coilovers in the front and still have the JKS in the rear and it paired together really well as well. It also had some of the best install instructions I've seen. View attachment 356818 View attachment 356819

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app
That looks sweet! 35s or 37s on that bad boy? I may be swapping flares so I'm curious how it'll look

2018 JK 2-Door Auto
1997 TJ 4.0 5 Speed

rubiDave

I don't know anyone running that kit. I see a few versions of it on line, with either cam bolts or geometry brackets. I'd steer clear of either of those - cam bolts are notoriously sucky, and geometry brackets will hang up if you do any wheeling. If you buy this kit get adjustable track bars to go with.

After much research, and price comparisons I went with the EVO enforcer 3 inch lift with drag link flip. I went with the stage 3 version (at the time on sale for the same price as stage 2) I found the kit to be very complete. Since I have a 2 dr JK I replaced front and rear driveshafts at the same time. I also installed the EVO Rockstar rear control arm skids and front shock relocation brackets as part of my install. I'm running Rancho RS 99900 shocks and 35s with about 4 inch back spacing, factory fenders uncut. I do rub a bit in the front fender well at full stuff, but not enough to worry about. I will have to trim them if I go to 37s later. I've got about 10k miles on this lift and I'm pretty happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom